Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GeoCVRDTilt BrushTosolini Productions

[R&D] 3D Virtual tours + VR art = Content marketing13202

Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user

In this new prototype, we partnered with VR artist Nathan DiPietro to explore new ways to transition between the real and the virtual world. The result is a mash-up between a 3D virtual tour and Tilt Brush, the 3D painting tool by Google.
This kind of experiences can be a compelling addition to a brand content marketing strategy.

Here is the GeoCV virtual tour.

We replaced three panos with 360 extracted from the following VR enhancement:
https://poly.google.com/view/41eZRBfoFdE
Post 1 IP   flag post
Marshallartsmedia private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful work. Well done Paolo
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini, wow! I believe I understand what you've done but would love to see a tutorial of the work flow! Opens up so many possibilities.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@Marshallartsmedia @toddwaddington thanks for the kind note.

Here is how it was done. I scanned the car dealer with GeoCV (not Matterport), since it allows us to modify the panos and re-upload them back. I extracted the panos and 3D OBJ file and passed it to the VR artist.

The artist painted over the 3D model in VR using the full version of Tilt Brush (the one that connects to and HTC Vive and a gaming PC, rather than Tilt Brush for Oculus Quest). Then he shot one second video clips from three of the teleport locations in the virtual tour at the correct height and scale (this because Tilt Brush doesn't seem to allow 360 snapshots of your creations, just videos). He extracted one frame from each of the short videos, passed them back to me for reprocessing in GeoCV.

A little bit of a workflow, but a good learning overall.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
thanks so much for sharing that. I guess I won't be doing that tomorrow. Haha, great stuff!
Post 5 IP   flag post
101421 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?