Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
KuulaTime Lapse Photography

Time-lapse style panoramas?13179

jthorstad private msg quote post Address this user
A friend is building a house on a large lake lot. She wanted progress photos to show the before/after. We put stakes in the ground where I took the first set of 5 photos before work began.

Today I took panos at the same 5 spots, using the stakes as guides. I have them all in Kuula. So at location 1, I found a landmark (knot in a tree) and set the heading for both images to that landmark. (I oriented my camera due North both times I was there to shoot, but it wasn't perfect, so changing the heading in Kuula seems the ticket.)

When I use the carousel to move from the old photo to the new one, I see a neat progression of change.
NOW....how to make it so I can rotate some, click somewhere, and have it go to the other photo at that exact same spot? I was thinking walkthrough mode would be the ticket here, but it's not turning out as awesome as I'd hoped.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to make this cool? I will be doing photos again in a month or so, then again in the spring.

This is actually an idea I've thought to pitch to construction companies...taking progress pictures from the same spots.

Perhaps Kuula isn't the right tool.

It would be so cool if you could click ANYWHERE on the picture, and Kuula would open that same X and Y coordinate in another picture at the same coordinates, if that makes sense. Instead of hotspots, just click anywhere and the next image will load with the same coordinates centered.
Anyway....thoughts are welcomed!
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
What if you use the sharing options in kuula?

I am thinking about the dots and arrows navigation combined with extreme rotation in one direction (e.g. plus 180 degrees) combined with autoplay (e.g. 12 seconds). This could work with your existing solution.

Another solution could be (again) 3D Vista.

I am thinking about the living panos feature. You could move through all stages of constrution in each living pano and offer the 5 positions in a simple (living) pano selector.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I saw in a video tutorial for a aerial panorama, they did one side in the daylight and another side at night. They may have done both shots independently then merged with the two together.

However...

Too bad you couldn't make a super loop panorama where you add each progression of the build around the panorama from beginning to completion.

#superpano
Post 3 IP   flag post
RealtyMediaMx private msg quote post Address this user
@jthorstad This is a test I made a few days ago, that day was windy but you get the idea, this is a 12 photos pano, maybe sometihng like this could be use to document what you want, for a smooth transition you need to be in the exact same location and orientation.
https://storage.net-fs.com/hosting/6628670/2/index.htm
Post 4 IP   flag post
101429 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?