Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BoatsFloor PlansProblemsScansShipsYachts

Help! Need fix for Matterport's messed up floor learning algorithm13166

botticelli private msg quote post Address this user
I am writing to all of you knowledgable people out there who might be able to recommend a fix for this Matterport scan of a yacht I was hired to do...

The problem is there are scans that take the user between the two lower floors and Matterport has informed me of A. this is due to an auto floor learning algorithm, and B. there is simply nothing they or anyone else can do to fix it.

Well, ok. I don't believe you but ok.

The experience has cemented by belief that I don't want to continue a business relationship with a company like that but I would also like to get paid for this job.

I purchased Virtual Tour Pro and intend on creating something usable with the 200+ panos from the Theta (glad I saved them) but the time involved is not something I really have right now. Is there an easier alternative that is faster and cheaper or am I just going to have to buckle down and do this myself? Thank you all for being so awesome and in advance for any suggestions.

Below are the replies from Matterport...

"Thank you for providing the model URL. I looked at the model at https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=33FZjnZz7q1 and I can see the issue that you're referring to. This is an issue involving our Machine Learning and Floor Determination assuming two floors are the same for any number reasons. For reference, the most common reasons that this happens are the following:

- 'A' frame roofs
- Narrow stairways
- Ceiling heights under 5 feet

I am attempting to apply a fix that will potentially make the floors 4 separate floors instead of 3. Since this fix will take time before we see the results, once we have the results we will inform you as soon as possible."

"I looked at the fix attempt today, and unfortunately it did not properly separate the floors into 4 floors. Unfortunately this model will not be able to be fixed into the proper floor levels. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience."
Post 1 IP   flag post
denlee private msg quote post Address this user
The answer is Asteroom.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@botticelli

In the WGAN MarketPlace under 360 Downloads, look for:

DOWNLOAD360

To help you get started migrating to a different 3D/360 hosting platform, 360DOWNLOADS by WGAN Members @TresDePro can download ALL 360s from your Matterport tour.

As @denlee shared, Asteroom can create a 3D Dollhouse View, 2D Schematic Floor Plans and build (for you) the walk around experience from the 360s downloaded from your Matterport tour.

How to Create an Asteroom using 360s Shot by a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera

Dan

P.S. I would also suggest using WGAN Member @MP2FP (www.PM2FP.com) to create a beautiful floor plans of the ship (logo, colors, deal with shapes)
Post 3 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I have a weird suggestion to try. I discovered recently that something I'd "known" about Matterport for years wasn't exactly true. I don't know if it would help in your situation, but it might be worth a try.

I had a job scanning a commercial bus where it was crucial to have an accurate dollhouse for the client. I used a high tripod to scan the top from the perimeter and then also put the camera on the roof via the emergency exit hatches. In the Capture App, I'd put the high scans and the roof scans on the 2nd floor so I could clearly see if I'd captured the entire roof successfully. Everything looked great until I got the scan back from processing. The roof of the bus was badly skewed from the rest of it, making the dollhouse unusable.

I tried all sorts of things in hopes that they might fix the problem in reprocessing, and one I was certain wouldn't help actually solved the problem! What I did was move all the "2nd floor" scans down to the 1st floor in the Capture App. As far as I understood previously, Matterport doesn't use our floor specification data at all in the processing, so I had no reason to expect this to work. But it did. The bus was beautiful in the dollhouse now and my problem was completely eliminated.

So would this work on your boat? Probably not. Your problem is not the same as mine, but it is worth a try. Apparently changing the floor we put the scans on in the Capture App can affect the processed model. Duplicate the job, move all the scans onto one floor and reupload. You might get lucky like I did!
Post 4 IP   flag post
101717 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?