Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Processing Fee

360 camera processing fees for Classic Cloud Plans13159

KfromPoland private msg quote post Address this user
HI GUYS, I VE RECEIVED AN E- MAIL FROM MATTERPORT ( I AM ON CLASSIC PLAN ). DOES ANYBODY NOW WHAT ARE THEY SAY?

" We wanted to inform you about an upcoming change regarding 360 camera usage in your legacy (classic) cloud plan.

Although we announced processing prices for 360 camera spaces last year, we have not enforced it for your plan until now. Starting October 1st, 2020, Matterport will charge processing fees for spaces captured with compatible 360 cameras used in the Classic Cloud Plans.

Newer Matterport cloud plans do not include processing fees. If you would like to avoid processing fees, please upgrade your account to one of these newer plans. Questions? Please visit the support page or contact our support team support@matterport.com.

Thank you for being a member of our community.

The Matterport Team
Post 1 IP   flag post
London, England
Views4D private msg quote post Address this user
I got similar thing too. Not sure what it means
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I believe it addresses the use of single shot 360 cameras. If you use a Matterport Pro 1 or 2 on the classic plan you are fine. If you use a any after market 360 like Theta z you are charged the processing fee.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
I understand the same but I am not sure if that is the exact meaning.
They know which camera I use. Why are they seending me this?
If I use both cameras in the same tour what happens?

Alej.
Post 4 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure either, because from what I see (Classic plan), they are charging processing fees even when we use the Pro 1...

By the way, I just saw this "Schematic floor plans for $14.99 (excludes 360 cameras and iphone)".
WHAT DOEES THAT MEAN? When we use a 360 camera (Z1 for example), we cannot order a schematic floor plan?

Thank you!
Matt
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchimedStudio
By the way, I just saw this "Schematic floor plans for $14.99 (excludes 360 cameras and iphone)".
WHAT DOEES THAT MEAN? When we use a 360 camera (Z1 for example), we cannot order a schematic floor plan?

@ArchimedStudio

Correct. At the present time, you can not use a 360 camera - such as a Ricoh Theta Z1 - to originate floor plans or a Matterport MatterPak in a Matterport Cloud account.

Here's is a portion of the Matterport ShopTalk #7 Webinar on 16 September 2020 that discusses this topic:

---

So I'm going to pause there for a second, 'cause I know that I can talk quickly, but just in summary, I'm going to say that every single digital twin that's captured with the BLK360 that's supported as well as the Pro2 unit currently with more options for that data ubiquity, where we're capturing the built world, but the focus is the Pro2.

Anytime this thing, spins and rotates and Capture's data, it's capturing 3D data that can be turned into 3D data for your CAD program.

- That's really impressive, actually. And so just to clarify, Mark, you know, when you're talking about the Matterport Pro2 and the BLK360 capturing 3D data, you know, some people on the webinar right now may be using 360 cameras, or, you know, even were introduced to Matterport.

You know, when we launched the iPhone, those also create a 3D model but why are those different, why can't you get a MatterPak with that?

- Absolutely, well, we are, we Matterport, is able to create this three dimensional information. We are not having customers access, three dimensional output from, let's say, a Ricoh Theta Z1 or the smartphone capture just yet, because that information is not as accurate as a device like this. And here's why.

This device behind me, the Pro2, as well as supportive devices, like the BLK360, those are of course gathering real true measurements in the field. So when this thing scans, the infrared structured light sensor is gathering real measurements in real life.

Now, the other devices that we support, like the 360 cameras in smartphone, those are trained on quite literally millions of captured spaces in the past captured by this device, and its predecessor the original Pro1 model. So that data, that information, our AI is trained on it. So some say the word photogrammetry will apply to it.

And it's not quite that because it's using all this 3D data. So why I'm saying this is it's very, very important to know that the two dimensional information of a 360 camera is converted into 3D using Matterports AI with it's very, very large data sets of 3D capture.

However, in time users will be able to use this information, because if I say this device is 99% accurate, and I say a 360 is in the high-mid 90s accurate, 92% is better than 0%, however, we want to make sure that the output is appropriate for the user's expectations as well.

So we do have that ability and we're working in that direction, but for now, people can rely on this three dimensional Capture tool to gather that reliable information in those tight areas, in the construction field or other, you know, manufacturing fields and things like that.

--

If I was Matterport, I would enable floor plans – without measurements – for 360 cameras and smartphone capture.

I could imagine that Matterport thinks that it does not want to pirate Matterport Pro2 3D Camera sales by allowing this (which is, of course, the reason that large companies fail: when then are NOT focused on what their customers want). (Thus, platforms like Asteroom, EyeSpy360 and Metareal Stage enable 2D schematic floor plans for models shot with 360 cameras like the Ricoh Theta Z1.)

Hope that helps!

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab of eBlast received from Matterport 11:09 pm EDT on Friday, 25 September 2020.

@KfromPoland

Thank you for being first in the WGAN Forum to report this news.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
So if I shoot with a Pro2, on a classic plan, no changes to my expenses? But if I shoot with my Pro1 Matterport camera, I have an additional fee of 19 per space?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @3dVuz
So if I shoot with a Pro2, on a classic plan, no changes to my expenses? But if I shoot with my Pro1 Matterport camera, I have an additional fee of 19 per space?

@3dVuz

Correct. Because you shoot with a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera on a Matterport Classic Cloud Plan, this Matterport pricing news regarding Matterport models shots with a 360 camera does NOT affect you. (Same for Matterport Pro1 3D Camera.)

I could imagine that the following WGAN Forum discussions might be helpful:

How to game the new Matterport Pricing
Questions: Gaming MP hosting by having an old plan and a cloud plan.

I also encourage you to see this related WGAN Forum discussion (for clarity):

Matterport Legacy (Classic) Basic plan: Includes all processing?

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I think people are confusing the terminology for Matterport Cameras, MP list the camera as MP PRO which a lot of people in the forum refer to as the PRO 1 when in reality it is the MP PRO and is covered in the classic plan. I could be wrong but I read it as three cameras covered:

Matterport PRO
Matterport Pro 2
Leica BLK360

That is how I read it.

So what we refer to as PRO 1 is MP PRO camera.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
So if I use my Pro 2 for most of the job and add a few Z-1 scans due to sun issues, I'm going to be charged more?

That's not right!!!!!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Virtual_Homey private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think $19 is much to be upset about, especially when this can be built in with ease without much of a change to what is charged without it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101436 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?