Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DSLRFullFrameLensPro2

Camera lens to use for real estate photography13158

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@RealtyMediaMx I read about the tilt lens and saw them at some online stores, however the consensus above the articles I digested said tilt is not required, but why tilt vs no tilt in your opinion?
Post 26 IP   flag post
RealtyMediaMx private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR TSL works bending the light from the object, in our case we often don't have enough front yard or curbside distance to shot a building in the middle of downtown.
TSL solves that, you can shot from just a few feet of the front and get the whole building with no distortion or bend lines, it also makes panoramas a breeze to shot by tilting from one side to the other, in the interiors it shines by maintaining the horizontals and verticals lines with a more correct and natural lines.
Tilt shift lenses are like made exactly and specially for us.
On the other hand they are a very specific lens, if you want to shot portrait or sports... well is not for that. Many people thinks that the cost of this lens is too much because of their specific use, but if you are a Real Estate Photographer it's a must.
Cheers.
PD: Remember that many photographers are getting into more niche specific type of shots, Real Estate is the same, if you want to shine in the business you have to equip yourself.
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
@RealtyMediaMx something to consider based on what you just told me. Where I live too there is a lot of properties that are kind of close to the sidewalk and there are trees in between the sidewalk and the road so you can't really take a picture of the front of the property on the street because then you'd get a tree... So maybe this would solve that issue for me & others.

I'm liking the Sony.
Post 28 IP   flag post
RealtyMediaMx private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR With the Sony you can use a "powered" Metabones adaptor and a Canon TS lens, works like a charm. You may want to take a look on the Rogeti TSE Frame for the TSL. Cheers
Post 29 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
TS lens for a newbie with a $1500 budget? Lol, no.
Post 30 IP   flag post

No.

Just watch the live view. Shoot the middle file to be exposed for the wall. Easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETMYVR
Do any of you use a light meter? Is it a requirement? And if you do, how does it benefit my images.
Post 31 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Lambda_Photography I think that is a great setup you are using. When I shot Canon I used both of those lenses. I also liked the 17-40 which I think does really well for real estate.

I really wanted to go mirrorless so I jumped ship to Fuji. Super glad Canon has gone mirrorless.

I used 8-15 for my Google shoots but even on the high side was a bit too wide for real estate in my opinion.

Fun fact that means nothing. LOL I did the testing on the 8-15 to get that lens approved for the program. Before that everyone was using Rokinon.

Chuck
Post 32 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
I contacted a friend three hours south of me I haven't spoken to a while, he's a photographer and I found out he's a real estate photographer and virtual tour guy as well. I've also considered all the great feedback from everyone and I really appreciate the time and effort you've put in to answering my question.

I believe I'm going to get a Nikon d750. And sigma 14-24 mm lens.

Thanks again for your help everyone.
Post 33 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
What is the LOWEST mm to must have?
Post 34 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I believe there is no point for interior photography to have anything lower than 16mm. I have Canon 8-15mm. I have bought it for 360 degree photos and it works great at 10-12mm. I have tried it for real estate interiors and found that even at 15mm it is too much curved. I am using 17-40mm for real estate. That range is pretty much all you need and it works great at 17mm with lens profile correction in Lightroom.
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR

This will also be camera dependent. Full frame, apsc, micro 4 thirds...

On the Sony APSC I am currently shooting on Sony’s 10-18mm

When I was shooting Panasonic I use a 7-14mm
Post 36 IP   flag post
Full frame? I'd want to be around 16 or 17 for small bathrooms and such.
That translates to 10-11 on a crop frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETMYVR
What is the LOWEST mm to must have?
Post 37 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with @GETMYVR. It's camera specific.

The thing I keep trying to bring home is that anything wider than 21mm full frame or 14'ish APSC makes the rooms look exaggerated.

That being said shooting a bit wider in the bathrooms and closets (which I don't do unless they are magical) is ok.

If I were going to choose one prime lens I would choose a 21mm FF / 14 mm APSC.

If I were going for a zoom, I would choose 17-40 FF / 8-12 or 10-25'ish APSC.

Hope that helps.

We seem to keep saying the same things.

Chuck

P.S. I agree with Wingman that the 8-15 FF Canon is way too wide for real estate. It's a Fisheye and that's why.
Post 38 IP   flag post
101430 38 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?