Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdoramaPro3

Matterport Pro3?13138

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: WGAN-TV Matterport CMO Chris Bell on How Matterport will Scale Exponentially (Thursday, 11 July 2019)

Hi All,

A WGAN Member writes:

I've been looking to upgrade to Matterport Pro2 for a while and I see that there is now a discount at Adorama. I realize that this is usually because an upgrade is imminent. I know one was rumored for about now - have you heard anything else? I don't want to get stuck waiting for one - the Pro2 would be great for my needs - but are there any new ground breaking features to be added that you've heard of?

While I do not know if/when a Matterport Pro3 3D Camera will be announced/shipped, I agree that price drops often occur prior to the release of new cameras.

Whether Matterport intentionally - or unintentionally - signaled that a Pro3 camera is imminent; I do not know.

Have you heard of a Matterport Pro3 camera announcement/shipping date?

When I interviewed former Matterport Chief Marketing Officer Chris Bell on 11 July 2019, we had this exchange:

Chris Bell: 00:09:21 It used to be the case that you'd see Leica, the BLK360 and the Pro2 co-mingled but now we're seeing 360 cameras being used to supplement or in some cases touch up an original model that was shot with the Pro2, so feeling like the breadth of the product line is a good thing for the business overall.

Dan Smigrod: 00:09:46 On that breadth of product line, I thought I heard you almost say Pro3. Is there an announcement you're making today?

Chris Bell: 00:09:54 There's no announcement. What I want to say though very clearly is that we are working on the next camera and I can confidently say that Matterport is committed to a next generation camera. It's in development now, there's a prototype. It's probably no secret to your audience that there have been some focus groups done. We believe as long as there's a strong product/market fit and that our camera and our price point can be differentiated and unique in the marketplace, we absolutely want to innovate and develop the next greatest Pro camera that we possibly can.

Dan Smigrod: 00:10:39 Can you speak to the feature set for that camera?

Chris Bell: 00:10:42 Not at this time, not yet. We're still working away in the lab and figuring out exactly the form factor, the ID and even some of the architectural hardware specifications. So really, it's pretty early days.

Dan Smigrod: 00:10:58 If I'm thinking about buying a Matterport camera and I'm looking at the Pro2, should I be waiting for the Pro3?

Chris Bell: 00:11:07 Absolutely not. If there was something on the horizon, I'd share it with you but we're talking about next year at the earliest and possibly even end of next year, so nothing to announce.

----

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Pro3

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Reading, United Kingdom
mcuddy private msg quote post Address this user
February 2021 was what I heard before COVID.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcuddy
February 2021 was what I heard before COVID.

heard from where?

There's been Pro3 rumors since the Pro2 was released.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Reading, United Kingdom
mcuddy private msg quote post Address this user
From a 'reliable
' source
Post 5 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Not very reliable IMO. I would bet on 2022. Therefore it is more interesting what could extend the MP Platform besides a BLK360. Look forward to Intergeo Digital News.

BTW: No BellĀ“s anymore at Matterport ;-(
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?