Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceWP3D Models

WP3D compatibility question13131

tinsoldier private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, Im unfamiliar with WP3D and Wordpress so just looking for some advice.

I've never used WordPress, but it appears to me I need to have a Wordpress Business plan installed to create a WP3D model, which is essentially my Matterport model wrapped in additional functionality.

Once I import my existing Matterport model into WP3D and add custom branding, will it then be shareable and embeddable on any site in the same way an existing Matterport tour can be? Or will the WP3D model only work on my own Wordpress website?

My client has their own website, and I know nothing about know how they built. I am hoping to just supply them an iframe so they can embed the WP3D tour easily into their site as they would a normal matterport tour. And from there they will also want people to also be able to share it on socials, or wherever they want.

Thanks for the advice
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Reading, United Kingdom
mcuddy private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, it can be embedded on a client website, just replace the Matterport hyperlink in the iframe to your wp3d one.

Not sure what a Wordpress business plan is....who are you hosting with?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcuddy
Not sure what a Wordpress business plan is....who are you hosting with?

Thanks for the reply.
So I think a Wordpress Business plan is actually hosting at wordpress.com (not wordpress.org)

Sorry, I'm just learning about how wordpress works..

So do I even need a wordpress host to use WP3D, I thought maybe the WP3D model was living on the WP3D servers, but are you saying I need to create a wordpress site to host the model?

Apologies for my ignorance..
Post 3 IP   flag post
Also, looking at an example from the WP3D website, (https://demo.wp3dmodels.com/3d-model/branded-intro-standard) if you share via the share button in the matterport tour, it does not share the WP3D version with the logos, it will just share the original matterport model, is there a way around this?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier
Also, looking at an example from the WP3D website, (https://demo.wp3dmodels.com/3d-model/branded-intro-standard) if you share via the share button in the matterport tour, it does not share the WP3D version with the logos, it will just share the original matterport model, is there a way around this?

@tinsoldier

Such a great question! As far as I know, there is no sharing option that would allow the branding to be shared (other than using the original link like this one (which is also embedded above):
https://gallery.we-get-around.com/3d-model/millennium-gate-museum-atlanta/fullscreen/

(We Get Around logo front and center and then always on in the lower left corner.)

(We Get Around Gallery of Matterport 3D Tours is powered by WP3D Models.)

The two WGAN-TV Live at 5 interviews (below) may be helpful to you.

Best,

Dan

WGAN Standard and Premium Members Benefits Include

1. Free use of WP3D Models WordPress Plugin
2. Free use of WordPress Hosting Pro Plan powered by Ionblade
3. If you do both of the above, also receive: WP3D Models WordPress Plugin Installation, Configuration and lite One-on-One Training by WP3D Models team via WGAN $99 Rebate

WGAN-TV Live at 5: WP3D Models Wordpress Plugin Demo for Newbies

WGAN-TV Live at 5 - WP3D Models Founder and Developer Ross Peterson on WP3D Models Wordpress Plugin V3.0

Post 5 IP   flag post
101636 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?