Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCamerasMarketingNewbiesRicoh Theta SC2TipsZillowZillow 3D Home

I am thinking about starting a virtual tour/Real Estate Photograph business13125

Malek private msg quote post Address this user
@PickChuck
Thank you for the explanation, but it's still a little confusing. Can you not use matterport tours on zillow listing? If not then wjo should I be targeting with the Matterport tours?(that I can also charge more for).

Also I know that usually only Real estate agent have access to the MLS, is there a way I could get my hands on it? Do I have to know someone, a real estate agent perhaps?

Thanks for the book suggestion btw, I have read how to win friends and influence people and think or grow rich. Haven't the chance to read the books by tim ferris just yet but I will definitely grab one of them soon.

@GETMYVR
I have always wanted to read this book, since you mentioned, I went ahead and ordered it through amazon. I just finished reading 'Influence' by Dr. Robert B. Cialdini. I am also currently reading 'New Sales. Simplified'.

@VTLV
I do have a somewhat old Ipad, I am also upgrading my soon from an android to an Iphone (Once apple realses their new and cheaper model soon). I will also buy the lens this weekend so I can start practicing. Thank you for all the pointers as well.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickChuck
@GETNYVR, Well said sir. I had to send some sample images and then shoot 5 Zillow shoots.

Absolutely BRILLIANT idea on looking on Zillow and finding homes without a 360.

As you move forward you can use the same images from you Zillow shoot to send to Asteroom for an even better 360 tour with a dollhouse and floorplan.

Keep in mind that you need to be solid on everything you are doing before you add services. I.E. still photos and Zillow 360's.

You can actually do quite a bit of work just with those two.

Chuck

ok ok, so i looked for ZIllow listing for sale without a tour...

for this listing... who would I contact?

https://www.zillow.com/myzillow/favorites#44555976

There are 3 Agents... Sellers agent and premier agents
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@thereal360

So, with Zillow you have to select the agent on the listing pictured here the Seller's Agent Todd Bunger is the listing agent the other 3 agents are paid placement & it is likely that even when you select the Seller's Agent that all 4 agents will be contacted as Zillow sells these leads to agents

Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@thereal360 - Ever use Control+F to search? Looks for "Listing Agent" or "Listing Provided By". Zillow moves the agent info around all the time. They're looking for ways to create leads for their Zillow Premier Agent Program. So nothing stays in the same place for long. "Listing Provided by may be "Listing Courtesy of" in a couple months. Just like virtual tour links, they're usually buried, but can be found as you get used to reading a listing and filtering the click bait for new buyers.

Highlight and copy the agents name and have the Zillow Agent Finder open in another tab and drop the agents name in. If they made any attempt at a profile, it's on Zillow Realtor.com or hopefully found in a Google Search.

@Malek - Remember you need whatever software apple software that came in the Iphone 7 or better to make Zillow 3D. Something in there that couldn't work with older models (I forget). I'm sure there's a comparison chart with what you have versus an iphone. I imagine Matterport would require similar. Next issue will be your computer. Do you have a minimum of 16gig memory in your computer and a favorite program to edit photos in? Gear was super difficult for me to acquire when I got started. Need a good result to get paid enough to get the net piece of gear. A bunch of people get a new credit card and max out on a shopping spree for a new Matterport camera, tripod and Ipad and think they're off to the races. No insurance and quickly learning Matterport photos don't cut it for selling to agents.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Malek private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV I was actually looking around the Matterport website and found out that you can now install the Matterport app on Android (Beta version, but seems like its fully functional). I have a powerful laptop that I used for video editing a few years back. However, I don't have subscription to a photo editing software and know they can be expensive, especially Adobe lightroom. Do you have a suggestion for a cheaper/free photo editing software? If not, do you think it would be viable to delegate the photo editing process to someone else like a free lancer on Fiverr for example?(Untill I learn how to photo edit myself?
Post 30 IP   flag post

WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@Malek

Adobe's photography pack includes Photoshop & Lightroom fo $10 a month ~ Really reasonable

3rd parties are completely viable I use BoxBrownie myself now that I am getting pretty busy

photoandvideoedits.com is another resource ~ I just do NOT like the buying credits model they use for pricing
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Do yourself a favor and learn the fundamentals of photos editing. This is a trade, not a get rich quick scheme breaking into a new industry. So many real estate agents get a license and think they'll make large sums of cash. 80% of them make less than $20,000 a year. Agents get in, sell a friend or family members home, starve and drop out to a part time job and rarely get back in. Happening a ton with 360 photographers as well. Ebay always has someone dropping out of the Matterport contract and listing their camera on ebay.

@lilnitsch mentions - "Most of my business these days is by referral only" - he's got a reputation to uphold. And so will you.

What's your photo editing style? What happens when your Matterport photos come back with sun-spots? You're going to need to know some editing to get photos turned around to yesterdays client?

If you start out on the outsource route, you're opening yourself up to a larger margin of error. You can try and promise a 2-3 day turn around to buffer & the agent "will have to get back with you". What happens when you upload photos to an editor last night and wake up to no photos delivered back today? Ignore your agents phone calls? Drag the clients on for a day knowing you won't be able to get ahold of your editor until sundown and pray they turn around the next morning. At least you could edit a front shots and a couple others to deliver and get back with the rest the following day.

Video editing probably has you looking at saturation, shadowing and contrast levels I'm a Lightroom user who has been leaning towards Luminar4 for sky replacements. Currently looking into Aurora HDR next (packaged with Luminar) after getting Photomatix Pro for faster HDR conversion. Photomatix is $99 now.

There may be some Lightoom 6 versions for sale out there that do not require a monthly fee. But won't be able to get updates for new cameras, lens corrections or editing features found on Lightroom CC. You gotta test this stuff out and see if these programs can generate your style of photos. Heaven forbid you get a new outsource person at the outsource farm in Malaysia cranking out photos that look nothing like yesterdays set.

As for "Android (Beta version, but seems like its fully functional)" - You'll learn one day that Matterport has very low trust level among photographers. I'm not a die hard apple user - Their customer service has an pressuring arrogant jock mentality. Apple products have been proven best for working with 360 cameras and their software over Android. Zillow 3D Home is not currently available for Android devices.

Maybe skip the whole 360 route for now. Focus on photos and what you already have experience in. Shoot photos and package with Walk Through Videos to agents with a generic slide show in their tours. Get a Ronin-S or SC for under $600. Get your wide angle lens. Your other lens okay for shooting video? You already got video editing under your belt and comfortable with it. Could also outsource the editing if too busy. Graduate later from some of the classes here or on LinkedIn Learning with a different phone and 360 setup at a later date.
Post 32 IP   flag post
101435 32 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?