Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
How toMatterport 2019 New Pricing

Questions: Gaming MP hosting by having an old plan and a cloud plan.13109

Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
OK, so it seems clear that We could save money and solve some headaches by adding a cloud based plan for $69/month. (We currently have a old 300 scan plan).

People who are doing this, please correct me if I'm wrong here. Maybe @wingman can help?

It seems you could use the cloud plan to process your LARGE scans and save money. You could then move those to the old plan to clear space. You could also move scans from the old plan and archive them in the cloud plan. Excellent.

I have 2 questions (right now).

1- Should you (can you?) use the same email address for both accounts. I think you can/should.

2- Does the additional/new cloud account show up on the iPad when you go to upload? In other words: Do BOTH accounts show up on the iPad?

TIA
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Expertise

I defer to others can answer your questions.

I thought this WGAN Forum discussion might be helpful:

How to game the new Matterport Pricing

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
My understanding is that a different email address was being used on different accounts

Fellow WGA Members used the new account so nothing in billing gets changed on the classic plan. Also, in order to email one scan to another account for file transfer - this would need another email address to send to.

As for logging into your capture app, one account would be under one email and the other account would need to be logged in to upload to the other. However, Capture App should still show all scans. I have had outsource instances, where I log into someone else's account to shoot and upload. Then log out and back to my account after upload.

What's gets a little weird here is speed using the newer fisheye cameras for faster shoots. Since classic plans only support Pro, Pro Lite and Pro 2 cameras, we face a $29 upload fee.

Can someone confirm you can transfer a Fisheye shoot from the new account back to a classic. (I imagine we should be able to with no fee.)

If we use a Fisheye camera to upload to classic, do we face another fee if we go over a 99 scan/shots?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been doing this since the introduction of the cloud plans. I use two separate email addresses. The good thing is that once a scan in my classic plan is no longer needed, I transfer it back to the cloud plan and archive it. I never again will face the choice of deleting a model just to free up space. And I’ve not paid for any uploading since the start.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Aha! I hadn't thought of why you want 2 different email addys.

So, you would need to be logged into the proper account in the Capture app before scanning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistrydoc
I’ve been doing this since the introduction of the cloud plans. I use two separate email addresses. The good thing is that once a scan in my classic plan is no longer needed, I transfer it back to the cloud plan and archive it. I never again will face the choice of deleting a model just to free up space. And I’ve not paid for any uploading since the start.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hi Dan... yeah I read it a couple times. Still don't have everything straight in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Expertise

I defer to others can answer your questions.

I thought this WGAN Forum discussion might be helpful:

How to game the new Matterport Pricing

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
In effect, I only upload to the Cloud Pro plan. I then transfer to the Classic plan. I never upload to the Classic plan anymore just to spare confusion
Post 7 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
I also follow pretty much the same process as @Chemistrydoc.
2 different email address and 2 different Matterport accounts.
I scan all of my properties with the new plan and once they have processed, I transfer them to the Classic plan.
There is no per model processing fee and there is no fee incurred on the Classic plan for models created with non-Matterport (360 cameras).
All models created are retained in the capture app and you can log on to the capture app with whatever account you wish with using the associated email address.

It is not possible to have a single email address for both accounts since you need to have a unique email address do differentiate between accounts.

If you are processing many large models or if you are contemplating using a 360 camera, I highly recommend getting a second account for the purpose of processing. Of course this depends on the number of models you are creating each month and what your additional fees end up being based on the size of the models processed, number of models over you "free" allotment and if you are using a 360 camera.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks guys. Created the new cloud plan last night. Here goes.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101421 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?