Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
TruePlanVideoWebinar

Matterport TrueSketch Plus for Xactimate to exit Beta in Oct as TruePlan13108

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: ShopTalk 7: TrueSketch, Floor Plans, the MatterPak, & a bit more about Backing up using Catalina | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 16 September 2020
--

Matterport TrueSketch Plus for Xactimate to exit Beta in October 2020 as Matterport TruePlan

Hi All,

Matterport Service Providers will have a new Add On to offer to companies that do insurance claims resulting from damage from floods, fires and hurricanes when Matterport TrueSketch Plus for Xactimate exits Beta in October 2020 with the new brand name, Matterport TruePlan.

Matterport TruePlan will be as easy to order as Matterport Floor Plans.

Questions about Matterport TruePlan?

Below is a transcript (Segment 12:35 to 18:09) from Matterport ShotTalk Webinar #7 that aired Thursday, 16 September 2020.

Best,

Dan

Transcript (Video Above | Segment: 12:35 to 18:09)

I'm going to talk about a product called [Matterport] TrueSketch PLUS.

So this is a Beta program that we have running here at Matterport. And this is really specifically for those in the insurance and restoration industry.

As you guys all kind of look at what I'm presenting here, it's kind of a souped up floor plan. It really demonstrates the reality of the structure of the building, and then it also allows people to understand what structures need to be replaced and how much that might cost at the end.

So this particular deliverable helps folks estimate and understand how much it will cost to repair a building that's been damaged. TrueSketch PLUS are SKX files, that you can easily import into Xactimate. So Xactimate is a specific software in the insurance and restoration industry used to help estimate losses.

So with these automatic files, you'll no longer have to measure or manually sketch losses. This saves you valuable time, so you can process your insurance claims faster and more effectively.

So traditionally, maybe a contractor would walk around with a piece of graph paper and sketch out and a laser measure, and basically sketch out the entirety of the property and then translate that into the Xactimate software to help them estimate the costs of the loss. So what does a TrueSketch PLUS really do? It calculates much more than just the schematic floor plan pieces.

We want to understand things like door type, door heights, ceiling type, ceiling height. Basically all of these things, the way that they're represented, you know, all represent a different cost.

So a different door type will cost differently or, you know, different ceiling types may or some are more expensive than others, so you can't just give the dimensions of the ceiling, but you also need to describe the ceiling in order to get that accurate estimate.

So we've got a couple of different buckets of TrueSketch PLUS, there's our zero to 1,000 square feet at $249, 1,001 to 4,000 at 349, 4,000 to 10,000 at $599, and then we do do a bid request over a 10,000 SQ FT.

There's a two day delivery time right now. So that's 48 hours from the time when you request the sketch.

So one thing I want to discuss right here is that this is currently a Beta program. And we're super excited to announce that we will be productizing TrueSketch, which will be renamed to TruePlan upon productization in the month of October [2020].

So that's some really exciting news for us because we're moving out of Beta and we're really allowing customers to easily access our TruePlan.

So I'm just going to quickly show you guys how to access TrueSketch if you want to use it. So the first thing you want to do is sign up for the Beta program, through the support page. You're going to have to DocuSign addendum.

And all that does is spell out pricing and delivery time since TrueSketch isn't written into our current terms and conditions.

So once this contract is signed, we'll send you an order form, and then from then on, you can use top order form to order your TrueSketch moving forward.

So I'm going to go out of presentation mode here, and I'm going to go to our support page on TrueSketch and TrueSketch PLUS.

So the reason I did not discuss TrueSketch today is because we will not be moving forward with that option when we productized for TruePlan.

And I won't get into too many details here, but TrueSketch PLUS is an as-built accurate representation of a building.

And that's what we thought customers would want more than a TrueSketch was more, just more of a default in version of the 3D model.

So, we can land on the TrueSketch support page here, you can read lots of details, you can look at videos to show you how to import them, but what we're going to do today is we're going to click this sign up here button, which will bring you to this Beta sign-up form, fill that out.

You'll receive a DocuSign addendum. Once that is signed, you will receive this order form here, which you will fill out, this form and then press submit, and then within two days, we will give you your sketch. So this is a very lengthy process due to the fact that it is a Beta program.

So, you know, next month [October 2020] you will be able to order a TrueSketch, the same way you order a floor plan. So just quickly, so you guys know, this is a standard view of the, my.Matterport account.

Here's how you get the floor plan, you'll click that floor plan, and then in October, you'll see a little button here that says [TruePlan], and that's how you will order.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
Except that I can measure and sketch in Xactimate mobile *WAY* faster than I can scan with Matterport.

The big issues I see are:
A) Will cheap carriers be willing to pay for this?
B) Will cheap carriers pay adjusters to use their Pro2 and iPad Pro? lol.

Insurance carriers are so obsessed with cost reduction that they have widely stopped using licensed, trained insurance adjusters to inspect losses. In many cases they send someone out with a camera to take pictures and send them to a licensed adjuster at a desk who has never been to the claim location. Because these low-paid individuals are frequently untrained they don't spot damage that the insured is owed for.

I think Matterport will continue to be useful in large and complex claims. Past that don't drop a penny near an insurance company.... they will beat you to it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: How We Utilize Matterport Camera Technology | Video courtesy of Paul Davis Restoration of Broward YouTube Channel | 21 September 2020
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV Matterport Meets Insurance Claims-Fire and Floor Remediation and Restoration #1126-Discussion About Claims And Examples
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Matterport TruePlan | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 9 November 2020

Matterport Support Page (9 December 2020) MATTERPORT TRUEPLAN™ FOR XACTIMATE™
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport Tour Sample for TruePlan

Download the Matterport TruePlan Samples (.skx) on this Matterport Support page

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101269 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?