Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Affinity Photo EditorCamera Raw filterEditingGigpixel AIImagine EnhancementLandscapeProLuminar 4PhotoshopPortrait ProSmoke

Shooting homes in less than Ideal conditions13071

WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
My area is currently buried under a thick cover of smoke & Ideally I would re-schedule a shoot during these conditions but, with this home they have an offer on there next home contingent on the sale of their home.

With a little editing in photoshop even these less that perfect conditions can be overcome

The photo below isn't one of mine It's a "For Sale by Owner" that I am talking to

After sharing this image with the listing agent ~ I booked an $700 shoot
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch

OMG!!! (!!!)

That's AWESOME!

Does your agent give you hugs?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

Those aren't allowed with Social distancing ~ But, I gladly accept $$$ as well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
Looks great.

I use LandscapePro for things like that. It does a pretty decent and fast job.

Chuck

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@PickChuck

I used photoshop's Camera Raw filter to finesse the white balance and color & Luminar 4 for the sky replacement
Post 5 IP   flag post
All good ways to do it.

What I like about LandcapePro is they have a bunch of clouds, grass, water etc. already built in. One stop shop so to speak.

Chuck

I even added clouds to my pano's on this shoot.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@PickChuck

I just bought a cloud pack so, I have clouds coming out my ears
Post 7 IP   flag post
I suspect there is more money in selling to photographers than actually taking photos. LOL
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@PickChuck

I try and grab interesting Skys as I see them these days ~ However, I sometimes just do not have the energy to break out a camera or drone to capture the Sky
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
@PickChuck I just checked on LandscapePro for the first time. For $39, looks like a handy tool for 360 touch ups!

Do you also use Topaz Gigpixel AI or another similar app (Autoenhance.ai)to increase the clarity of the photos? I couldn't see that kind of feature in LandscapePro. Thanks for sharing your photos here to get a convenient idea of what the app can do. It's pretty amazing!
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Dataventure You are welcome. They have free trial. I am enjoying using it. I also use two of their other product: Portrait Pro and Portrait Pro body. Both of them are nice for realtor headshots and lifestyle photos of them. I am sure you have never had someone say, "can you take these bag and wrinkles or make me skinny". LOL

I am using Gigapixel for a touch of sharpening an de noising. Probably not necessary but I think it makes a bit of a difference. Especially if viewing on an iPad.

Another tool I have found (and I know that PS will do all of this) is Affinity photo for doing my nadir patching. It has many more tool than that but it's also a quick tool.

Hope you are doing well,
Chuck
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
@PickChuck Thanks for the prompt reply. I just checked Affinity Photo. Looks like more than I want to engage for my targeted purposes. And your comment about Gigapixel is helpful. I have an SC2 and have been wondering if the $99 charge for Gigapixel is going to make a noticeable difference at the lower end of the 360 market where I am targeting. There is a balance somewhere between quality and efficiency, with cost of software and tools in that mix, that each of us must find. This forum helps with the winnowing process!

I will definitely give LandscapePro a try, especially for the outside 360 shots that are so dependent upon the weather.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Dataventurer. Please send me a few files and I'll run them through Gigapixel for you so you can decide without spending $99 to find out. I also think they have a trial but I will be glad to do this for you.

Chuck
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I have now booked just shy of 2k worth of shoots this week off of the edit I demoed of fixing the smoke photo
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thats wonderful. Great job.

You are certainly rocking it and being an inspiration to all.

It sounds like your forte is sales and shooting.

My friend Tim Ferriss says, "Do what you do best and outsource the rest". I wish I followed it better.

He is the 4 hour work week guy. What does he know with a measly $100 million of net worth.

Cheers,
Chuck
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
My shoot Sunday is also a vacation rental and has been booked again ~ I am being super flexible with this agent and am working around the turn over of this property as she is a great agent to work with
Post 16 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
Affinity is worth the one-time price for just their 360 nadir patch tools - much more efficient and more capable than Photoshop. I patched 52 panos yesterday in just a little over an hour.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
I have now booked just shy of 2k worth of shoots this week off of the edit I demoed of fixing the smoke photo

Congrats! What a great way to differentiate yourself from other photographers: the ability to turn a Martian Sky to an Earth Sky.

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
JPPeron private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickChuck
All good ways to do it.

What I like about LandcapePro is they have a bunch of clouds, grass, water etc. already built in. One stop shop so to speak.

Chuck

I even added clouds to my pano's on this shoot.

Won't that cloud pic create a seam when viewed in 360?
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@JPPeron

Yes, I have a handful of 360 Skys that I have used for pano sky replacement
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
This has a minimal stitch line that I could easily correct

Post 21 IP   flag post
101641 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?