Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,051 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
How To

Scanning Furniture Pieces13065

WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
AhmedAttia private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Guys

Does anyone have an experience about the best 3D scanning solution to scan and do a 3D modelling for furniture pieces? A furniture store wants to digitize his products to use it as a custom 3D models in 3DSMax.

Thanks a lot.
Post 1 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
Agisoft Metashape. You can get the standard version for a one-time fee of $179 - no subscription needed and it will be more than sufficient for your needs. Lots of examples on the web.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
@EaglePrecision But it is a software only, what could be a good hardware to do the scanning process itself?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Any camera can produce images that can be stitched together by Metashape if they have sufficient overlap. It works very well with drone (e.g., Mavic 2 Pro) cameras. Final resolution of the model is determined by the size of the sensor. I just recently produced a 3d model of a house with about 150 photo taken at 4 different altitudes stitched together by Metashape. It's the same process for any size object but you will need less images. Lighting has to be even all around to avoid stitching error.
I have used an iPhone to create a 3D model in Metashape that looked pretty good. It's the same principle as the Matterport app but much more flexible with a lot more editing capability. You can then post it on Sketchfab for free.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
@EaglePrecision Will it be easy to use the generated 3D model as a template in any 3D design software like the 3D Max?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I assume so - the model can be exported into many file formats including Autodesk. I'm not familiar with 3DMax. I export it as an OBJ file with textures in JPG & MTL which is fairly standard for 3D models. The 3D printer guys use STL which is also available to export from Metashape.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.youcan3d.com/3DShow/show.html

All these furnitures were captured by DSLR and processed by Agisoft photoscan (old name of Metashape).
BTW there were lots of post process work by hand to refine the mesh and textures.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Nice!
Post 8 IP   flag post
101628 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?