Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Image QualityLightroomPhoto RetouchingPhotosPro2Real EstateSnapShots

Problem With High Resolution 2D Snapshots13056

TheRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all! Happy to be here. I have been using my Matterport Pro2 to offer listing photos (Besides virtual tours) and things are going great, however when I sometimes download my photos and run them through Lightroom to edit, they become slightly pixelated and low-res. There are times that even before running them through Lightroom they seem low-res.

I am unsure why since all I am doing is making slight lighting and color adjustments. When downloading the 2D snapshots is there an option for a higher resolution?

I understand they wont be as great as a nice DSLR but I do expect them to be a little better. I am using Dropbox to send my photos to clients as well.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @TheRealtor,

There are threads in the forum about this product. An app which adds pixels, thus improving resolution of photo. I watched this video and wasn’t blown away in the same way Ben is. But, it might be worth the money if it improves your images in a satisfactory way.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@TheRealtor when you request the photo from MP do you check the box for highest resolution download. I have on a few occasions waited a day or so and re-requested new download and photos are better. Just an idea.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@ron0987 Does Matterport give you this option when trying to download a 2D snapshot? I only see a download arrow, and when you click on it immediately downloads the photo.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@toddwaddington Thank you, I haven't heard of this software before. I will look into it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
when "taking" your photos in workshop, always wait for the screen to fully refresh. it taks a few seconds. and yes there's an option for file size - it's the last menu after you hit download. i'm getting results that rival my nikon 850.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@HarlanHambright Thank you for this info. Sorry for being naive but I still don't see a menu that allows me to choose file size. Heres a video I took from my screen trying to download snapshots.

https://imgur.com/IeuAXJq
Post 7 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Go back to showcase then select photos in left menu. Select all (square upper right) then hit download arrow. There your menu will be revealed and high res photos you will receive.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@HarlanHambright I see that now. I appreciate the responses, I wouldn't "Select All" before and instead choose the best ones to download instead. Thank you.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Founder
Show & Tour
Leawood, Kansas
JoshMais private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealtor
I am using Dropbox to send my photos to clients as well.

@TheRealtor Check out Show & Tour for a great way to deliver your projects to clients with professional delivery pages like this one: https://show.tours/ItCnSgAgv3nHKTufNojh

We also have the following promotions...

Three free months of Show & Tour Plus Plan for WGAN Forum Members

Free use of Show & Tour Plus Membership plan for WGAN Standard and Premium Members.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Don't sweat it, this is the finesse which makes us artists.

It takes a while to really get lightroom to work for you, and is a very time intensive operation, but I improve my workflow when I download matterport images.

Always download the highest resolution possible. I very seldom reduce the size of my images and frequently send my real estate agents images between 4 MB and 10 MB.

Create a preset in lightroom when you import your downloaded folder from Matterport. I have the highlights toggled down to the left, and the shadows and black pitched over to the right to give more light. That's the basics.

From there I usually import them into Luminar 4.

You might want to check out Luminar 4. I can replace sky's as well.

I'm getting better with the results and I'm really impressed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@TheRealtor I usually select all unless there's over 100 images. from there you can whittle down the ones you really don't want in lightroom by deleting them all together.

I must say I am very impressed with Matterport despite any of its shortcomings as a company, and one of the remarkable joys about working in the Matterport workshop for me is if I fail to get a shot that I think is important, that appears missing in the images, I can always go back and grab it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@TheRealtor
@toddwaddington
@ron0987
@HarlanHambright
@sherpa_media
@GETMYVR

Hi All,

Does this help? (Posted to the WGAN Forum Saturday, 30 January 2021) by @3D4U ...:

Found a 'workable' way to extract highres 360 photo from tour

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, @DanSmigrod. I'm a MAC guy and it looks like this is a Windows recommendation but there are apps that might accomplish the same on MAC OS. But the idea of using full screen capture is an interesting one. I have a 27" 5K iMac. I just tried a full screen capture of one of my scans. Ended up being 13mb, larger than what MP exports. The quality of the image still doesn't match my standard high res images, but it is interesting to play around with. Thanks
Post 14 IP   flag post
101641 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?