Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,023 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 45 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BackUpCapture AppiExploreriMazingProblemsRestore

Matterport Backup and Restore Scenarios: Questions/Issues13045

mikemay1 private msg quote post Address this user
Good Morning,

Recently, I presented a number of questions to Matterport Tech re: Backups, and I need clarification and validation with your experienced opinions.

I would like to know that when I Backup|Delete-Captures|Restore Backup(s) that ALL Captures are available again for use.

*I am MSP for 375 real estate rental properties, with numerous backups to my hard drive, growing problem.*

Questions/Issues -

1. When I backup Capture to my computer, and clear my Captures from my app, what happens with existing and future hard drive backups? The new "jobs" folder (and the other needed files for backup) are different each time they're backed up.

Q: Can/Should these Backups be merged? HOW is it possible to merge old Backups with new ones? I don't think that can be done.

2. When I receive a request to "rebuild" a Capture, instead of doing a new scan, I'd like to use the specific Capture located on my hard drive. There are no addresses to identify specific Space/Models.

Q: How is this possible? Maybe Tech could assist, but I don't think it's possible

3. Over time, I've accumulated numerous backups, each with their different sizes.

Q: If I Restored an old Backup to my empty App, and did then did other Restores from my other (old) backups, am i destroying the Captures I'm restoring to the app. I think each new Restore would destroy the previous Capture files.

4. Each Backup I've completed has different #files, and different folder sizes.

Q: How can a Backup done today be smaller than the Backup 1 week ago, with no Capture App deletes??

It there's a missing question, point or insight, please let me know!

I'm all ears from this point.

Thank you all for your time.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@mikemay1

WGAN Forum Discussions that may be helpful for your Matterport Back-up and Restore Questions

Video: Backup & Restore Your Matterport Models (And Why This is a Problem!)
✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Backup | Restore | iMazing | iExplorer

If you still have questions, I suggest that you do new WGAN Forum posts with just one question per post. (Please do read through the above first).

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
101271 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?