Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360CamerasGearPro2Ricoh Theta Z1

Matterport vs Ricoh13043

ChuckJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi folks !

This is not a new debate, but I am curious to know which camera you use and which one you prefer.

I am planning on getting a Z1 with an external battery if I ever need to shoot larger spaces (10k sqft)

Do you think the $2k difference in price makes sense ? Besides the battery life and ability to order floor plan from matterport, What would be the limits of the Z1 compared to a Pro2 ?
Have you experienced a lot of misalignment issues with the Z1 ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport better image quality and usually faster since you don’t have to run and hide. Z1 better for outside. Aligning between platforms a pain sometimes but it works eventually. I keep moving the new camera until I get an alignment then proceed and delete the redundant scans when finished.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed ~ Pro2’s are my daily drivers for Matterport tours occasionally I will use my Z1’s to fill in exteriors

I also use my Z1’s daily for Zillow’s 3D home tours
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tripp private msg quote post Address this user
Really depends if you like to own your data or not.
Post 4 IP   flag post
GWatsonImages private msg quote post Address this user
I have a Z1 and I'll never buy a Matterport camera unless they change their subscription model. You're stuck with their software if you have their camera. Really depends on how your business functions I think.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
When charged up my matterport will last 7+ hours, the Z1 last one property. I do have a 20k Anker battery to juice up along the way once power gets too low on the Theta.

In the past several months have noticed many more artifacts in my matterport shoots then I would like, but the quality of the pro 2 3D it's just far more superior than Theta Z1.

And now that I'm able to offer virtual conferencing integrated with the matterport tours, no downloads of any special software required, the Z1 cannot reproduce what the pro 2 3D can.

Just my opinion.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR

I am using CloudPano for live video or audio conferencing within the the VR tour
Post 7 IP   flag post
101421 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?