Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentMarketingPricingPro2Ricoh Theta Z1

Do you charge less for shooting Matterport with a Ricoh Theta Z1 than Pro2?13025

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Do you charge your customer less when you use the Z1 vs Matterport camera? If so, about what % less, you don't have to give me your $ amount, just a ball park %.

I noticed this question in a related WGAN Forum discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Ghagendorf
@JonJ,
Do you charge your customer less when you use the Z1 vs Matterport camera? If so, about what % less, you don't have to give me your $ amount, just a ball park %.

Thanks,

Gordon

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @JonJ
For me, I do not charge different prices for Matterport tours depending on the equipment used. I believe clients are paying for the final product and the perceived value of that final product regardless of what tools/techniques were used to create that product.

Case in point. For the 2 photos below, one was taken with a cell phone and the other with a "professional" camera. Can you tell which is which? That fact of the matter is that most agents will not be able to tell the difference.

At the end of the day, the agent does not care if you used a Pro 2, Theta Z1 or iPhone to capture the tour (all other things being equal). The only thing that they care about is whether or not the final product meets their desired level of quality,
Post 2 IP   flag post
Eladitems private msg quote post Address this user
Why would you charge less? They are paying for the platform not the camera
Post 3 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
And I'd like to charge MORE for the Z1 as it takes longer when you add the run and hide time. god I wish matterport would implement time shift.
Post 4 IP   flag post

and here's that top image with 15 seconds of photoshop added to it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlanHambright

and here's that top image with 15 seconds of photoshop added to it.

@HarlanHambright,

Thank you for the Photoshop assist! Care to venture a guess which one was the cell phone photo?
Post 6 IP   flag post
I’m guessing the top one but nothing surprises my anymore. I’ve made some 44”x 5 feet prints from iPhone images that looked very nice.
Post 7 IP   flag post
coulee360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Eladitems The quality of the tour in my opinion is why to charge less say for the theta or onex. I've done a comparison of them and don't like the poor quality I've seen locally of the one x (i even did a test with mine) and even locally in my area of a new competitor only using a theta. My quality with my MP1 beats them out of the water.

If I were to offer one x tours I would charge less because the quality is less. BUT I wont be offering it because that quality at the end of the day reflects on me. I dont want to put out poor quality tours.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Eladitems private msg quote post Address this user
@coulee360 not at all. I use the Z1 and quality is very close. Agents don’t care. They care about the features

I like better the Z1. Easier to scan. No alignment issues. Outdoor scanning is so much easier.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I can wrap my head around charging less For another use. If you have a classic plan, you’re putting up to $39 for upload using dual fisheye lens. Your monthly plans still need to help with costs to fund your tour slot plus other slots not currently being used.

You use a pro 1 or 2, you’re out a few hours of shooting time. It’s right there with charge more for pro2 vs pro1 price comparison a couple years ago. Fund the plan, compete with the 2020 new 360 photographers, Matterport Partners and the bottom of the barrel photographers banking on volume.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101274 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?