Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AsteroomChallengeVersus

WGAN $1,500 Asteroom 15 Minute Virtual Tour Challenge13004

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV: Introduction to Asteroom with Founder & CEO Eric Tsai | 23 July 2020 | Eric says during this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show: You don't have to worry about if we know which panos are where. All you have to do is snap it within that 15 minutes, create a project, upload to us and tell us what exactly you want. Do you want a floor plan? Do you want a dollhouse? Do you want us to edit your photo? Do you want to virtually stage them?

---

We Get Around Network $1,500 Asteroom 15 Minute Virtual Tour Challenge

Hi All,

Are you game for the We Get Around Network $1,500 Asteroom 15 Minute Virtual Tour Challenge?

We Get Around Network will pay one WGAN Forum Member up to $1,500 for the following:

1. $500 for an Asteroom tour of a 3,000+ SQ FT house that was shot in 15 minutes or less, AND
2. $500 for a videowithout edits – showing you shooting the SAME Asteroom tour in 15 minutes or less

The video can be longer than 15 minutes. For clarification, time is based on the moment of your first 360 shot and ends the moment of the last 360 shot. So, for example, your narration can begin before your first shot and continue after your last shot; as long as the actual shoot time is 15 minutes or less.

Yes. I need both the video and Asteroom virtual tour: not one or the other! And, the video has to be of the same Asteroom virtual tour.

The following is optional, but would be super-nice!

3. WGAN will also pay $500 for a Matterport tour of the SAME 3,000+ SQ FT house (and how long it took you from the first to the last scan) You do not need to shoot a video, though that would be nice. I am not offering $500 for the video of the Matterport tour.

Why We Get Around Network is making this offer.

According to Asteroom Founder and CEO @EricTsai, you can create an Asteroom Virtual Tour of 3,000 SQ FT house for sale in 15 minutes. On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 23 July 2020, Eric said:

You don't have to worry about if we know which panos are where. All you have to do is snap it within that 15 minutes, create a project, upload to us and tell us what exactly you want. Do you want a floor plan? Do you want a dollhouse? Do you want us to edit your photo? Do you want to virtually stage them?

So, I thought I would challenge WGAN Forum Members to show that it is possible to shoot an Asteroom virtual tour in 15 minutes or less of a 3,000+ SQ FT house. Plus, it would be nice if you include four outdoor 360 panos within the 15 minutes: one for each side of the house.

And, yes, Asteroom is a WGAN Gold Member so showing – in the WGAN Forum – that you can shoot an Asteroom tour in 15 minutes or less of a 3,000+ SQ FT home would be helpful for our Asteroom.

I will select one video and Asteroom virtual tour from a Service Provider to pay for the following:

1. $500 for the “buy-out” of the video (mp4 file via Dropbox or other service), AND
2. $500 “buy-out” of the Asteroom virtual tour (transfer to my Asteroom account)
3. Either a location release – or affirm – that the video and Asteroom virtual tour may be used in perpetuity without further compensation (The house does not to be identified publicly; except for verifying SQ FT)
4. Either provide a model release – or affirm – that for any person in the video and/or Asteroom virtual tour – that your/their image may be used in perpetuity without further compensation.
5. Optional Bonus Opportunity: $500 for the “buy-out” of a Matterport tour of the same house and transfer the Matterport tour to my Matterport Cloud account

Requirements

1. Real-time video (mp4 file) showing the shooting of an Asteroom virtual tour. The video can not have any edits: just one long video without edits. (For clarification, the video can be longer than 15 minutes. Time is based on the moment of your first 360 shot and ends the moment of the last 360 shot. So, for example, your narration can begin before your first shot and continue after your last shot.)
2. Space must be at least 3,000 SQ FT (and verifiable via Zillow or other public source)
3. Show and Tell: narrate in real-time in English explaining what is happening and why
4. No text or sub-titles (We Get Around Network will transcribe and add subtitles)
5. For the Asteroom virtual tour, include the height from the camera lens to the floor
6. Use either a Ricoh Theta Z1, Ricoh Theta V or Insta360 One X camera paired with the Asteroom (iOS or Android) app.

Content Creation

You may strap a GoPro camera (or similar) to your chest or head while you shoot the Asteroom virtual tour or have a friend shoot video of you creating the tour.
If you have a friend shoot the video s/he will be in the virtual tour. That’s fine. You should stay out of the Asteroom tour. For clarification, hide during when you shoot your 360 panoramas.

Among the uses of this Asteroom virtual tour and video will be to post in the:

1. WGAN Forum
2. WGAN-TV Training U
3. We Get Around Network YouTube and Vimeo Channels
4. And other uses such as helping real estate photographers decide if they want to offer Asteroom virtual tours
5. Other uses as determined by We Get Around Network
6. You may not be an employee or consultant of Asteroom

I will make my decision on which video I will buy based on this 100 point scale:

1. Up to 50 points for authentic, real-time video with “best practices” narration in English (what you are doing and why). I am not seeking a slick production-value video. While it may be dull or boring to watch up to 15 minutes of Asteroom 360º virtual tour photography shoot with one video camera with no edits, we really do want to show real-time, what the Asteroom shooting experience is like: with narration
2. Up to 20 points for a WOW factor: “I want to watch the entire video.”
3. Up to 10 points: no logo, signage or identification for the Pro, real estate agent or location
4. Up to 10 points for the quality of the video recording experience (using a GoPro, smartphone, 360º video, DSLR or other video recording solution are all fine: aiming the camera at the floor for no reason; not so good)
5. Up to 10 points for the quality of the Asteroom virtual tour experience (you may trick it out)

Though our intent is to “buy-out” one video, WGAN reserves the right not to buy an Asteroom virtual tour and video, if none of the videos receive a score 70 or higher. This is not a contest or sweepstakes: simply a way to crowdsource a video and Asteroom tour for use by the We Get Around Network. If we get a Matterport tour of the same space, that’s a plus, but not a requirement.

Where and whenever possible, we will credit the Asteroom Virtual Tour creator.

Timing

To be considered, please submit one video by Noon ET, Monday 15 December 2020. (Please see this We Get Around Network Submissions Form.) That should give you time to find a 3,000 SQ FT house and perfect your Asteroom virtual tour shooting workflow.

Payment

If We Get Around Network selects your video:

1. PayPal payment of up to $1,500, provided that you provide ...
2. a “buy-out” of the Asteroom Virtual Tour copyright (and transfer to Dan Smigrod’s Asteroom account)
3. You have a model release for any people appearing in the video (or affirm)
4. You have a location release for the use of the space (or affirm)
5. You agree not to make the video public
6. If you are a resident of the United States and have a social security number or IRS Tax ID Number. We Get Around Network (TERRIFIC! Inc.) will send you or your company a 1099
7. You are a Member of the We Get Around Network Forum at the time of your video submission (free)
8. You have not been an employee or consultant of Asteroom at the time of your video submission
9. You have never been paid by Asteroom (vendor, consultant, independent contractor)
10. You have the authority – and ownership – to transfer all rights to the video – and the Asteroom virtual tour to We Get Around Network (TERRIFIC! Inc.)

My decision is final.

If you have questions, please post them to this We Get Around Network Forum discussion so that others can benefit from the discussion too or email: DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com

Best,

Dan Smigrod
Founder
We Get Around Network
WGAN-TV Live at 5
WGAN-TV Training Academy

P.S. By the way, with an Asteroom Free Trial Subscription, you can create up to 10 Asteroom tours with one of the tours active for one month.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV Training Academy: Matterport 1st Person PoV Realtime Scan (real time / no edits / 90 minutes)]. @ArtisticConcepts Digital Design & Marketing Founder and Photographer Chris Fraser gives us a 1st person point-of-view of a Matterport 3D Tour scan.

Hi All,

This video (above) is a great example of what I am seeking in the WGAN $1,500 Asteroom 15 Minute Virtual Tour Challenge (described in the post above).

This video (above) is a first-person point-of-view, 90-minute realtime Matterport scan by @ArtisticConcepts Digital Design & Marketing Founder and Photographer Chris Fraser.

I am seeking a 15 minute video of shooting an Asteroom virtual tour: and the Asteroom Virtual Tour.(Again, please see the post above.)

Notice that the narrated video has no edits. No graphic overlays. Nothing but one long video of the entire Matterport scanning of a cabin.

The purpose of the 15 minute video of shooting an Asteroom virtual tour of a 3,000+ SQ FT house is to dem demonstrate to the WGAN Community how super-easy and super-fast it is to shoot an Asteroom virtual tour.

Questions?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

On WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EDT) today, Thursday, 10 September 2020:

WGAN-TV Live at 5: Deep-Dive Demo of Asteroom Desktop Editor Features

I found the Asteroom Desktop Editor learning curve to be super-easy and super-fast. Nearly all Asteroom Desktop Editor features work like you would expect them to work. For the most part, there is very little post production to actually do (because Asteroom assembles the tour for you).

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: WGAN-TV Live at 5: Deep-Dive Demo of Asteroom Desktop Editor Features with Asteroom Co-Founder and CEO Eric Tsai

Hi All,

I talk about the WGAN $1,500 Asteroom Virtual Tour Challenge starting at 1:03:30 (and ending at 1:08:40) in this WGAN-TV Short Story (#1540 above).

Questions about the Challenge? Feel free to post here or Private Message me.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV Live at 5 Deep-Dive Demo of Asteroom Desktop Editor Features- #1540-Sharing Settings And Tour Shoot Challenge

Hi All,

Asteroom Co-Founder and CEO @EricTsai gives a tip to speed-up your Asteroom shooting workflow in this WGAN-TV Short Story (#1540 above starting at 1:40).

1. Do not name your rooms while you shoot
2. Asteroom will automatically name your rooms for you!
3. If you do not like the room names, you can change them via the Asteroom Desktop Editor

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

If you are thinking about taking the WGAN $1,500 Asteroom 15 Minute Virtual Tour Challenge for a spin, it may be helpful to know:

1st Asteroom Pay Per Tour Bundle is Free for WGAN Forum Members

Perhaps you can nail the 15 minute challenge with your first Asteroom tour!

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Asteroom tour of 2,000 SQ FT space by Gerome Vizmanos | Shot with Ricoh Theta Z1

Video: Gerome Vizmanos Asteroom Tour with Ricoh Theta Z1 | video courtesy of Gerome Vizmanos YouTube Channel | 17 October 2019

Hi All,

Above are examples of an Asteroom tour and video - of the same tour - showing the Asteroom virtual tour photographer, Gerome Vizmanos, shoot a 2,000 SQ FT listings in less than 15 minutes.

For clarification, the above tour and video are not eligible for the WGAN $1,500 Asteroom 15 Minute Virtual Tour Challenge.

Hopefully, this tour and video inspire you to participate in the WGAN $1,500 Asteroom 15 Minute Virtual Tour Challenge.

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?