Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceNewbiesReal EstateRicoh Theta VZillowZillow 3D Home

Can't edit 360 uploads to Zillow?12985

kjonyou private msg quote post Address this user
So I am very new to this, just experimenting really. So I singed up to Zillow because I just bought a 360 (Ricoh Theta V) cam and after downloading their app and going through the process I can not for the life of me find a way to edit the photos before having to upload them. They want the uploads to come straight from the camera. Am I missing something?
Post 1 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
No, you aren't missing anything. There is no way to edit the panos before uploading to Zillow. It's terrible.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jen_ishayoga private msg quote post Address this user
Nope. 😁 Zillow 3D is straight from the camera. No editing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@kjonyou it’s Zillow’s playground ~ I believe for the price it’s more than sufficient
Post 4 IP   flag post
jericreson private msg quote post Address this user
Zillow uses 360 as a gimmick - not a serious, valuable tool. Kinda like their Zestimates. It's a Garbage in - Garbage out equation....
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@jericreson

Zillow is where most consumers start their home search so, I choose not to ignore them ~ Zillow seems to be rolling out updates to their 3D Tour platform all the time
Post 6 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch They haven't fundimentally updated the functionality of their 3D tour platform in over a year. I was told by Zillow support that they have no plans to improve the functionality of the app, or to allow editing of captured images. They said it was because they wanted to show properties "as-is."
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@immersivespaces

They do want to keep the imagery un-edited as to keep the tour more geared to real life "warts and all"

That said they seem to be rolling out updates to their "Capture" app on a fairly regular basis and their AI for connecting rooms seems to be getting better ~ its came a long way in the little over a year I have been shooting these tours
Post 8 IP   flag post
"Warts and All" - Silly Zilly Rabbits! - Nobody wants their home shown with "it is what it is - out of the camera" photography...Fixing a poorly lit scene or something that could be corrected easily, can only help both the buyer and the seller get a more realistic picture of what one sees, with their eyes, in person. LOL - Zillow Amazes Me Daily with this stuff!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@jericreson

While I certainly would love the ability to tweak the pano's I get Zillow's stance as some folks (as by nature) would take editing too far.

https://www.zillow.com/view-3d-home/a0f8e1e9-7edb-4fd1-90be-7def961e488c?setAttribution=mls
Post 10 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch - Yeah, there's always that - But, Well, if we're going to go down the truth in advertising slippery slope... Zillow better start sending out some notices to agents, still using their 20 year old retouched headshots! LOL!
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@jericreson

Once again those old "Glamour Shots" are not limited to Zillow unfortunately, they are on their business cards, brokerage sites, and all their marketing pieces.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I want to be where the action is, and unless I make the suggestion to the agent they still don't know how important virtual tours are on Zillow. Most say yes, but I'm doing the Zillow virtual tour the same time I'm doing the 3D matterport tour so the house is clean and organized as it should be.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@kjonyou - Take the images you get off the camera after shooting the Zillow 3D. Upload them to another editing software and place the images on another tour platform such as CloudPano, kuula or toher 360 site. Still up-sell the Zillow as a ranking perk for a few weeks.
Post 14 IP   flag post
kjonyou private msg quote post Address this user
"They said it was because they wanted to show properties "as-is."

WOW what a load of crap! If they believed that then they should take down all the professional still photos they post there. Anyone who hires a photographer has had work done to refine those photos. That sounds to me like an excuse rather than a philosophy.

So they are basically saying, you can have a dozen beautifully shot photos touched up in Light Room and Photoshop OR a ugly poorly lit 3D walk through. And what about video? That can be highly edited too.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Zillow Video used to require being shot through the app or pay them a couple hundred bucks to upload your beautiful video. Unless you uploaded more than 10 a month. One month you're told a video will help your tour tour rank first on Zillow Search results. Then they fade off and not longer rank high making you a liar. Same for Zillow 3D. It's a constant revolving tower of goo with updates. As you know Zestimates rarely match up to proper current sales comps.

So there's never really been any consistency to begin with. Find the positives to push today and check back from time to time to stay current with their latest rhetoric so you're not "taking it to the limit" or "taking it to the extreme" or "taking it to the next level". Maybe this decade we're making it handcrafted.

We're dealing with private equity here and their ability to get people to come back and look at ads for the good of their shareholders. Not a privately owned company like In N Out who continues to crank out great service and with no desire to expand beyond the lane they dominate in.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101714 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?