Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
eBlastsEmail NotificationsFAQMarketingSpam

Why is the 'we-get-around' forum so incredibly spammy on email?12984

Rust private msg quote post Address this user
I signed up to the forum less than 20 hours ago and have already received 9 marketing emails!
After the first 4 I unsubscribed from all email lists but still received another 5 thereafter.

Any else have this experience?
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Marketing keeps this forum running.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It's always a delicate balance between offering value to members (in the form of the community's conversations, advice and connecting buyers and sellers) and keeping the lights on (in the form of advertisements on the forum itself and via email)

I have only joined a day ago and am obviously extremely new and don't want to step on any toes.
But I do want to share my experience of joining the forum and also hear what it was like for other community member.

This conversation would probably have more value to the Forum founders/admins since they could get feedback from members and improve the 'members who stay active after signup' metric.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
I do not mind the emails I get. But yes I agree it's alot and I am sometimes not sure if I have seen them all because on Gmail sometimes they land in the promonfolder and some in the main folder and some in the update folder...
Post 4 IP   flag post
jericreson private msg quote post Address this user
I would agree with the members who say, it's a lot, but I don't mind.... This is a relatively new industry, and a brand new one to many of us here. There is a lot of good information being shared - peer to peer. There are no other forums this useful, professionally, that I have found on the subject matter.

Perhaps adopt a management tool for your inbox, using the search term: WGAN and send all of your unread messages to a WGAN file. I do this, and find myself reviewing topics that I missed when I was too busy to read them.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Rust

Thank you for joining the WGAN Forum.

How to change WGAN Forum Email Notifications (in Settings)

Plus, I went ahead and removed you from:

✓ WGAN Monthly Newsletter (1st of the month)
✓ Dan's Tip of the Week (Wednesdays)

I did notice this post yesterday too in this WGAN Forum discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Dataventurer
Dan, I wasn't looking for a replacement for Bitly, the service I use when posting links in emails or on single page websites. But, your suggestion of Rebrandly here is the one of the very reasons that I signed up for email notifications of every WGAN post! Almost every day there is something of value that shows up in the mix. Thank you for creating such a helpful resource!

For those that do not want to receive any email notifications, newsletters, tips, etc., these can be disabled. For those that find email notifications, newsletters, tips, etc. helpful, receiving those is an option too.

If you are still receiving email notifications that you disabled, kindly either post here, Private Message me or send me an email at: DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com ... so that I can escalate to our WGAN Forum tech to trouble-shoot. It's always possible that we have a hiccup in the system.

And, yes, I make a full-time living from the free WGAN Forum via integrated marketing opportunities from Camera Companies, Platforms and 3rd Party Service Provides - such as sponsorship of email notifications.

BTW, like you, I began my 3D/360 journey with a Nodal Ninja/Canon/Sigma kit.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

i was dropped of the list by error. i di miss them. Its information and learning as far as I'm concerned. If the subject interests me i go further. If it does not like lookin for a Matterport provider in Delaware i just delete.

Its a forum and has been very helpful and we see new products and deal with issues people have.

I like the emails

Harry
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hi @DanSmigrod

I have to admit that when I speedily clicked the unsubscribe button originally, I wrongly assumed the resulting load page was a ‘unsubscribed successfully’ page.
But it was actually a ‘manage email notification page’ which needed another step to unsubscribe.

So in summary : my mistake!
Post 8 IP   flag post
101629 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?