Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AsteroomMarriage

How this tour helped save a marriage12940

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Asteroom virtual tour of The Beach Club unit 306, St. Simons Island, GA. Tour by We Get Around Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod
---

How this tour helped save a marriage

Hi All,

I am compelled to create content whenever I/we travel.

Hotel rooms are a great place to test new cameras, platforms and shooting techniques.

Regular readers know that my wife patiently waits for me to complete shoots before our vacations can officially begin.

I shot this Asteroom tour (above) last week at The Beach Club in St. Simons Island, Georgia.

Since I can shoot an Asteroom tour in much less time than a Matterport tour, it makes for a happier wife. (No life without wife.)

You might say, this Asteroom tour helped save a marriage.

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
That's funny!!!
On another note do you really use the "Slideshow feature" I feel like i wanna move myself click into it and i can't. and makes me upset... lol
Post 2 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user

Here is a MP beach club for comparison. It takes me under an hour to do one. I doubt that would save a marriage, but....
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @thereal360
"Slideshow feature" I feel like i wanna move myself click into it and i can't. and makes me upset... lol

Works for me. Click on a thumbnail and it plays. You can hide the slideshow too.

@HarlanHambright

You wife 's you more than my wife 's me so you have nothing to worry about (even if it took you longer to shoot your tour than me to shoot my tour.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Works for me. Click on a thumbnail and it plays. You can hide the slideshow too.

oooh.... you can press the stop button and you go to the regular tour? That wasn't obvious to me... wonder to how many other's it wasn't obvious as well... Meaning how many would have gotten frustrated and moved on, because if they know tours, they know they can click in them and you can move around. This didn't work for me, without knowing to press stop first.
Post 5 IP   flag post
homefinders3d private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod would you mind sharing your camera and basic workflow? Specifically: camera, exposure mode, any post editing?

Thanks
Bill
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @thereal360
oooh.... you can press the stop button and you go to the regular tour? That wasn't obvious to me... wonder to how many other's it wasn't obvious as well... Meaning how many would have gotten frustrated and moved on, because if they know tours, they know they can click in them and you can move around. This didn't work for me, without knowing to press stop first.

Asteroom Founder and CEO @EricTsai will likely find your feed-back helpful. I too would prefer just one button - not two - that lets me stop and engage. (I would get rid of the pause only button.)

@homefinders3d

Labpano sent me a Pilot One to play with. I shot with HDR on Auto. If I shot the same space again, I would underexpose the Dining Room (so that the pano editing service could produce a better result of looking out the sliding glass doors). I also set stitching to the closes setting: 2 meters (which is not close enough for furniture, etc. If you look closely, you will see some bad stitching. The pano editing service cleaned up what they could, including the railing and railing posts on the balcony.

For residential real estate paired with Asteroom, I would recommend a Ricoh Theta Z1 - instead of the Pilot One for two reasons: Asteroom seamlessly and easily pairs with the Ricoh Theta Z1 and the Ricoh Theta Z1 would handle the stitching of close-up furniture better (because of two lenses rather than 4 lenses on the Pilot One).

I used a 3rd party pano editing service. I always recommend outsourcing everything other than business development and shooting (and even shooting can be outsourced).

Does that help?

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

@homefinders3d

A few more workflow / gear items:

1. In Photo 1, I take a photo of the lens height. This is essential for platforms like Asteroom, EyeSpy360 and Metareal that use the lens height to create the 3D Dollhouse and, in the case of Asteroom, show room measurements (if selected). For EyeSpy360, they also ask for the tripod height. While I could write down the measurements, I find that that it is easier to find the measurements photo later in my camera roll (by date).

2. In Photo 1, notice the adapter to go from a pro tripod to a consumer grade mount of the "extender" and/or Labpano Pilot One.

3. In Photo 1, notice the extender between the tripod adopter and the camera. This is helpful for charging the camera (when not in use - and if necessary - during shoots (the cable and tripod are hidden by the nadir logo patch). Plus, I had the photo retoucher make the tripod disappear (in case I did not use my logo patch or for a client that does not want a logo patch).

4. In photo 3, you can see my "tripod" that I used for this shoot - a Manfrotto 360 VR "tripod" ... It's very stable with a pole (Photo 2). That said, if I was shooting outside with wind, I would use a normal, pro grade tripod.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101428 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?