Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Compare

3D X-ray datashoot of home being built1289

edirwin private msg quote post Address this user
I took this datashoot of a home I'm building for myself just two days ago, just before exterior insulation is being blown in today, so that I will have a record of where all the plumbing and electrical and ducting is between all the framing members after the sheetrock is in if repairs are ever needed. We'll be taking another one along the way and then a final just before we move in. And I'll be giving them all to the builder as a tool to use for selling his next custom build.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Biggles private msg quote post Address this user
That is a great idea, could have done with this 21 years ago when I built our last home - I'm still trying to find speaker cables I hid away for another day!
Post 2 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Great Model! I also wish I was provided with tool this when I bought each properties I owned.

Which leads me to wonder... How is the .OBJ file? Is it clean enough to get all the info?
The showcase is great, but thinking about charging the builder or home owner for the next 20 years is probably unthinkable.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
yeah it's a great idea doing that. I've been providing that service for builders too. Being an ex-contractor myself I appreciate the value in knowing where things are behind a wall. Had I of known this on one job about 4 years ago, I wouldn't have been quickly ripping off the drywall to repair the leak from a miss placed screw. Turned into an expensive job on my end
Post 4 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
That is great!
Post 5 IP   flag post
OpenHome private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea. Lets hope the obj file is good enough and you have no need to keep it hosted.
Post 6 IP   flag post
immersiveprop private msg quote post Address this user
I have spoken with a builder about this type of product. He is interested in it and can sell it to the home buyer, but the question of hosting it for years and who would pay is an issue.
We can make a video or some type of export of the framed house model that we could offer but that would defeat the purpose to be able to walk around. Others on this forum have said the obj file isn't detailed enough to do some things with it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
Seattle
kjoman private msg quote post Address this user
I was one of the people who did the shoot and it took longer than a regular house - thinking it might be because of all the vertical lines (2x4s), and not a whole lot more to record data from, besides windows. Has anyone else experienced that issue with new construction?
Post 8 IP   flag post
101646 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?