Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FAQProblemsScanningStairs

Yikes! I can only go down the stairs! (Not Up) What did I do wrong???12881

Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
I did this [Matterport] scan the other day and can only go up the stairs verses down (by the dots).

I put in deep links as the workaround for the time being. Does anyone know what I did wrong?

clickable text

Thank you in advance.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
You need more sweeps (scan positions) on stairs, in thresholds, or any other area where visibility is partially blocked. Remember, to navigate any space you need clear line of sight to at least 1 sweep.

I regularly do scans on boats. I have to scan every other stair or I have the same issue.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
You may be able to do a diamond trim to remove the Mesh in the doorway (this happens from closed then open doors)

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
You may be able to clean up the navigation into the two lower bedrooms with this technique as well similar door open/closed with the closets
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch is right on the money this trick can work but it was scanning so close to the door with it being closed. Early in the past 2 months someone posted a trick from Sandy, she was a MP tech rep that answered alot of concerns and she posted a youtube video on this exact issue.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@ron0987 I had picked up this from Dee before she left Matterport
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch I got the name wrong right on it was Dee. Thank you
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@ron0987 Dee was the best
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I appreciate it!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Are we talking about this spot?

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=M3ik3sD78tn&sr=-1.56,.67&ss=41

You can go up the stairs but you need to click exactly on the circles located on the steps. If you miss any of them just a bit you will fall of the stairs down.

It seems when you are missing these circles the system is trying to find the closest one where it can send you and finding them below the stairs only. More scans on stairs could help but since it needs another visit to the property is probably not an option for you.

What you can do there though, at least try to do... is try putting mirror marking on each side of the stairs. If you do it the system should think that of the stairs and on their sides are just reflections, it should remove the mesh on both stairs sides and you should stop falling of the stairs.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
and leave what @lilnitsch has recommended you to do. You have scanned with the closed door and there is the mesh in the doorway that also needs to be removed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Wingman This was the spot that was giving me troubles. It seems to be working now all of sudden.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch So you are saying use the crop/remove tool and make the pattern you did? It's strange because now the system is letting me pass though all of sudden and I haven't tried cropping yet.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Matt19

I am recommending using the trim tool on the model on you iPad and re-uploading. This should clear the mesh from that doorway allowing for easier access through and down the stairs
Post 14 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch Thank you!!!!! That is what I meant...trim tool!
Post 15 IP   flag post
It's strange as the system seemed to have figured it out or maybe it is device dependent. I put a deep link if it doesn't work. I have not tried the trim tool yet which I probably should.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101429 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?