Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanFloor PlansRicoh Theta Z1RV

Asteroom and CAMPERS?12880

Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
Can you do Rv's Campers etc with Asteroom?

I see some dealers in my area, One of them seems to have SOME RV's that have virtual tours.
But I am not sure i see a rhyme or reason why some have and some don't.
I do see that they are all Matterport.
So is that something that is being offered, and customers don't pick it maybe... Anyone working in the 360 RV Space?
link to the place
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@thereal360

While I have not shot an RV with Matterport - or any 3D/360 camera - Asteroom would be a great solution for RVs.

If I was shooting an RV to create an Asteroom virtual tour, I would:

1. Use a Ricoh Theta Z1 camera to minimize stitching errors at close range (lens facing close objects)
2. Set the camera height at (likely) 4 feet: for a better "walk around" experience (not looking down)
3. Add client's nadir logo patch (logo and website); and logo in top right
4. Use a 3rd Party Floor Plan service to include built-in furniture (like your example)

Advantages over Matterport

1. Matterport tour likely has stitching errors (with everything so close)
2. Shoot tour faster versus Matterport scanning (you could shoot a ton more RVs)
3. Branding in Nadir
4. Branding in top right
5. 360s can be professionally edited (e.g. remove Camera in mirrors or in reflections)

Hopefully, @izoneguy will comment in this discussion.

Here are WGAN Forum discussions tagged: RV

best,

Dan

P.S. Since you are a WGAN Standard Member, you are eligible for all three Asteroom special offers for WGAN Members:

Three Asteroom Virtual Tour Special Offers for the WGAN Community
Post 2 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
I think campers will be a great market right now. I did a few campers and tiny houses last year with with traditional gear. The client was completely pleased.

I can't imagine how much quicker this will be with the Theta Z1.

I am going to take this suggestion and call on a couple here in Nashville. Might do a "Test" one at several of the others so I can show them their competitors are doing it.

So here is a question: Why use a 3rd party Floor Plan service? I think I'll try Asteroom's floor plan. It might not be necessary as the doll house will wow them and every RV I have ever looked at has floor plans of their campers.

Anyway, fantastic idea.

Cheers,
Chuck
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab from @thereal360 example above

@PickChuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PickChuck
So here is a question: Why use a 3rd party Floor Plan service? I think I'll try Asteroom's floor plan. It might not be necessary as the doll house will wow them and every RV I have ever looked at has floor plans of their campers.

While I like Asteroom virtual tour 2D schematic floor plans for a house for sale, for the RV, I like the additional details of furniture and built-in appliances (please see the example above from @thereal360's example link.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
That is really nice.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickChuck
That is really nice.

Yes. That's why I am recommending using a a WGAN 3rd Party Service Provider to create custom 2D schematic floor plans of RVs.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
So what would your possible pitch be, because all the newer ones seem to have "NICE" Matterport tour. Don't see any stitching problems from any i have seen so far. They usually have floor plans an photo already.

And i would guess that the new ones the manufacturer has been supplying this tour for free.

So targeting the slightly older used market 2006-2016 maybe so they are still worth enough to warrant a virtual tour. What do you charge for a "camper" $75 / $100... I can see them taking up several spaces quickly... I think that might be a better option for asteroom, with a upgraded plan vs the $60 per shoot.
Since its only a few photos and no floor plan needed.

Do you charge hosting?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Here is my take.

1. Find dealerships in your area that sell RV.
2. Pick the ones that that don't have 360 tours already.
3. Go there and tell them your idea and ask to do a "Test" shoot for them at no charge.
4. Now you have a sample.
5. Go back and offer to photograph each model and every used one that comes in.
6. I would price them at $199 each if you only do one per trip.
7. Price 2-5 at $149 each 5-10 per trip at $99 each.

It's all about salesman ship and knowledge. I would research the models they have on their lot and be able to talk their language.

Keep in mind that it has to be profitable and not just swapping money from your other income streams. You only have so much time.

I am just throwing this on the wall to see if it sticks. I suspect you want to give them a number and let them negotiate you down. So my number below are goals and you could start say $50 higher and let them cringe and then go to those prices.

Every day I find I know less and someone knows more than me.

Unless I mis-understand, you have a Professional account via WGAN if you sign up with them. Use that for your first 5 and add a dollhouse for $7.95 each tour. When you get more, keep moving up.

Chuck
Post 8 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by PickChuck
Here is my take.
1. Find dealerships in your area that sell RV.
2. Pick the ones that that don't have 360 tours already.
Chuck

I havn't found one, that don't have ANY 360. (well at least not the first 6 I looked at)
All that i came across have them for the new models at least from Matterport.

Have you found any in your area with NO 360 tours?

I also am wondering.... How much do i need to know of the implementation into their sales website etc...?
Or where can i educate myself there...

So also, that's a NO to hosting Fees?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
Here are a couple of camper scans that I did. Your improvement suggestions are welcome. Most of the scans were with the Theta Z1, a couple with Matterport.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Those are really nice.

Do you know who is doing the others?

You might possibly need to expand your search area for RV's that don't have 360's.

I liken it to Home Depot and Lowes across the street from each other.

Go somewhere where businesses are not being served. Not try to take business.

Think about other areas that you might do 360's? I know from personal experience that doing cars with a standard DSLR rig was challenging at least for me.

So other markets with the Theta Z1 might be:

- New and Used Car Dealers
- Boats
- Recreation services while they are slow

Chuck
Post 11 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Chuck,
I did these only because the camper manufacturer is in the neighborhood and they contacted me. I stay busy enough with the customers that I have and don't actively seek new kinds of business, especially since these are so small. Thanks very much,

Gordon
Post 12 IP   flag post
Hi Gordon,

My mistake sir. I was responding on my iPhone. This was meant for thereal360 as he was actively looking to do these but was saying that all were covered.

I am busy but would like to busier. Working on the cloning machine right now.

Chuck
Post 13 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
@Ghagendorf Nice work
@PickChuck
Well, I am trying to figure out how they tick.... because i think they just get the 360's from the Manufacturer, for newer Models maybe within the last few years.

Most off the older ones or used ones i don't see 360s...

So back to my question...Have you found any in your area with NO 360 tours? I was just curious.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101421 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?