Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business PlanEmail

DO you use businessname@gmail.com or info@businessname.com12863

Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
Do you use businessname@gmail.com or first.lastname@businessname?
You feel it's worth to invest in the email with your first.lastname@businessname?

https://strawpoll.com/46hqobr5h

there is no option for a direct poll or?
Alex
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
I do both. And, I have a throw-away account that I use as the response for Constant Contact so that if I ever get domain-zapped for spam, it won't affect normal operations. Have to have the gmail address for Google everything. And the domain-based email I have for vanity....lol.

Keith
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @thereal360. It varies. Why I selected "other". I find giving people my personal email makes it more likely that I'll see it, lol. I'm definitely ADD and keeping my sh*t together is always a struggle.

I have a professional email address that I rarely use, but it's there in case I decide to get really organized.

I may be making this up, but it seems to me that this was more important some years back when it was a big deal to have your own website and all of your branding lined up. I'm not suggesting haphazard marketing as a strategy. It's just that, if you offer a good product, can show examples of your work, have a handful of great referrals, your email address isn't going to kill a sale.

I think if you are a scientist, banker, corporate business, you want your email to say name@company.com. Yes, it's impressive and does show professionalism to have your brand consistent across the board, but as I said above. I like your question and am interested in seeing the results.

Todd
Post 3 IP   flag post
Letsshoot private msg quote post Address this user
@thereal360 I am an event photographer based in Dublin, Ireland. I use hello@businessname on my website and social media. It's quite rare to see a photographer using a gmail address as their primary email address. For branding and consistency I would prefer to use a business domain name.

I have a personal gmail address and I get my businessname email forwarded to it. I also have the option to send my email from my gmail address or my businessname within gmail.

Siobhan
Post 4 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
I think I have about 8 email addresses now but all come into my Mac Mail and show as separate accounts. Couple of old ones which I use whenever I need to give an email that will almost certainly end up on a mailing list. Private email for friends. Gmail x 3. Business info@ linked to my domain for website contact Charles@ my domain for close business contacts. Another one for the hundreds of WGAN emails!!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Anything @ gmail.com is easy to remember (such as 360pete@gmail.com) vs. 360pete@kansascityrealestatephotos.net

I use both. Actual business URL for entities like Google or bing or yelp, for setting up your business on these listing sites.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WALES private msg quote post Address this user
Business via Google's G-Suite.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101432 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?