Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaMatterportMetareal StageRicoh Theta Z1

matterport with the Ricoh Theta Z1?12858

PaulM private msg quote post Address this user
I want to test a multi panorama home tour with matterport, 3dvista & Metareal.

I know I can take one set of shots and use them for the other 2 but what about matterport? - as I understand it the shots get uploaded to the app and from there to matterport so I can't use those shots with the other 2 applications.

Is my understanding correct? anyone tried something like this?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Lisbon, Portugal and London
Pedrotex69 private msg quote post Address this user
If you do a tour with Matterport, you have at least to do a 3D scan so it can be processed, then you can export the 360 Photos from Matterport into your outher tours.

I hope this helps.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I will do a similar test with Matterport Pro2 and Insta360 pro. I will create the same tour with Matterport, 3D Vista and Metareal. As you cannot upload the Insta 360 Pro images to Matterport, I will work with 2 tripods and two devices (iPad for Matterport and Android mobile for insta360 pro) and I will capture every position twice.

But to answer your question. Aren't the images, that you have taken and uploaded for the Matterport tour, also stored locally on the Theta z1?

I worked with a BLK360 this week on Wednesday. The BLK360 stores every scan locally on the scanner storage. I guess it will be the same with the Theta z1.

You can shoot the Matterport tour and download these images later from the z1 and use them for the other two platforms.

But be sure to test it before.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@MeshImages good point - of course the images will be stored on the Z1

I don't think matterport allows for DNG HDR but I'm better off using the exact images that matterport used to compare
Post 4 IP   flag post
Well, I will not use the same images for the comparison.

I will shoot 12k (3D) with the Insta360 pro and standard MP Pro2 super resolution images.

I will further test to use the Insta360 pro single images for a 3D photogrammetry model of the interior space. We will see how far I will get with this...
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@PaulM You can use your Matterport to do the test.
We will generate the full package of full resolution panos (16K x 8K) from your Matterport Pro2 tours for your test project for free.

With all the panos from Matteport tours you can test 3dvista & Metareal with the same panos.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@JuMP this sounds so good, I must join your platform 👍
Post 7 IP   flag post
@JuMP unfortunately I don't have a matterport Pro2, which is why I mentioned the Ricoh Z1
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@MeshImages Maybe you want to try the same thing? Same free offer to you either.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@JuMP your website isn't working - it just comes up as a password protected page
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?