Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FloorsProblems

My Matterport model is three floors; it should be two floors. Help Please!12815

filinto private msg quote post Address this user
My Matterport model in the capture app has 2 layers but it keeps generation an extra 3rd layer when uploading to my.matterport.com. Can't seem to fix this. Does anyone knows how to solve this?
Post 1 IP   flag post
BenAdgie private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to say but I don’t think you can solve or stop this. When adding floors through the Capture app, it is only for your organization. The Matterport processing creates floors based on elevation compared to starting point. Check the link below for an example. Matterport combined the top deck of the boathouse with the basement level. It created a new floor for inside the boathouse. This is not how I organized the scan but this is how it came back.

clickable text
Post 2 IP   flag post
Well I do understand that the processing engine that forms the end model may create new layers depending on the elevation of each scan. The only thing I don't understand is the inability to move scans between layers inside my.matterport.com "portal". I end up with a model that is shatered with excessed layers without the possibility to edit it inside the my.matterport.com
Post 3 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t know how to solve this problem but remember you can always duplicate a model, make some changes and submit again at no extra cost.
Post 4 IP   flag post
castaway private msg quote post Address this user
Happy to take a look if you're up for providing a link, some context (cameras used, etc), and screenshots of the floors in the Capture App on your iPad, pls.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you all for the reply. There is no workaround this issue. Unfortunately the layer rack in my matterport capture app will not mirror the matterport model in the showcase inside my.matterport.com. The main obstacle is that we cannot have a full editable layers / scans inside the showcase in my.matterport.com. I do not see the relevance for the ability to edit your layers and scans in the capture app if the uploaded model in the showcase does not mirror your preferences in the capture app... Matterport needs to solve this. Tons of working hours and no possibility to solve this...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Is this a Cortex AI failure? You noted you used a Z1. Great camera but it does not 3D map the same way a Pro2 maps with IR. Any Pro2 users with a similar mesh failure?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenAdgie
Is this a Cortex AI failure? You noted you used a Z1. Great camera but it does not 3D map the same way a Pro2 maps with IR. Any Pro2 users with a similar mesh failure?
No @BenAdgie I used a Matterport Pro2 Cam. I have created 4 Layers in my capture app, I have named them, I have allocated the sequential scans that I wanted to each new named Layer and then I uploaded the model. When the model was ready for visualization in showcase, the Layers did not mirror the ones I created in capture app. I ended up with a 3 layer model and a pathway was broken into 2 different layers.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Apologies, I was confused with a different thread on the camera detail.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?