Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanReal EstateScans

What setup to start with (again)12808

Rusty private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I might get you to read another topic about what to buy. After searching around here, I couldnt find a solution that would suit me.

My wife and I are moving to Portugal. We are tired of our home country and want to start fresh somewhere else. We have bought a property in the Algarve already. Real estate is booming there, lots of expat buyers, lots of >1.000.000 euro properties. The building industry and tourism are doing well too.

It came to me to get deeper into 3d and virtual tours, I thought there might be opportunities in portugal in:
- Virtual tours for real estate, cultural sector, etc...
- Property management and Construction follow up (foreigners wanting to check on building status)
- BIM (scanning to create a mesh, import to revit, to autocat, interior design, ...)
- Tourism (airbnb tours, private house renters that want a tour, etc..)

My starting budget could be as high as +/- 6000 euro for a camera and software. I own a powerfull pc and tablet.

My idea was to start with a ricoh theta Z camera and start using a cheaper setup for real estate imaging, tourism and construction follow up first, then trying to get enough work to invest in something as a leica to get into more serious scanning projects and get to work for architects. Am I right to be cautious with my investment, or should I go for a top notch camera right away to get very high resolution virtual tours, hence the higher segment of real estate business in the area as it seems like the investment comes back out pretty quick after all.

I have worked with a MP pro2 and found this camera not accurate enough for BIM and architecture. However for virtual tours it is great!

thanks for your imput.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
Caution IS advised. I am the guy that filed a 21 state class action lawsuit. With that said, the Matterport Pro2 is far superior once you learn how the camera works with sun. Actually the MP Pro 2 DOES NOT WORK in ridiculously bright light, certain lightbulbs will also cause an anomaly, or prevent alignment.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Both are good cameras, but if the customer will never know the difference perhaps you can get away with the Z1. Don't also dismiss the fact that many of these property people are aware of what matterport is, they may have seen the big pro two 3D camera, that may be what attracted them to calling you.

Sounds like you can afford both cameras, and an iPad pro.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
A word of caution. If you don’t speak Portuguese you may find it difficult to get business. I know most speak English but they may prefer to work with a local. I would also check out the competition on the Internet. Also see how many agents are already using tours. Even call 2 or 3 agents and sound them out before investing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@Rusty

"- Property management and Construction follow up (foreigners wanting to check on building status)"
"- BIM (scanning to create a mesh, import to revit, to autocat, interior design, ...)"

"My idea was to start with a ricoh theta Z camera and start using a cheaper setup for real estate imaging, tourism and construction follow up first,"

Question: How do you plan to deliver AutoCad & Revit using a Z1? Do you plan to use a software program such as Metareal or were you planning to use Matterport?

"My starting budget could be as high as +/- 6000 euro for a camera and software. I own a powerfull pc and tablet."

Do you have a photo, video drone setup to keep you alive when 360 demand dwindles? 360 appears to expand and contract each year like a persons tan & belly between Christmas and Summer.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
I did a little research and Portuguese agents makes between 5-10% commission. On a $350,000 vacation home that's allot $30,000 commission. Price your tours according to that.

I'm not afraid to tell agents that my virtual tour is probably going to put the customer over the edge and they're just going to contact you to submit an offer, and local buyers probably already did a drive-by.

agents one us to underestimate the real value of these virtual tours but I'm telling you, most of my agents that have them get wicked amount of views online compared to other properties.

I had one agent that had 86 appointments for the first open house one week after the virtual tour and listings launch. Sold for $100,000 overasking price.

I should have charged three times as much but the agent would never pay it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR Agents in Belgium are asking 1.5% to 3%. I'd better move to Portugal!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rusty private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks all for your insights!

@VTLV

Well, I thought (hoped) there might be a system out there that somebody could recommend that could do it all for around 6000 euro. But I guess it is not realistic. The Leica blk would be the cheapest system providing enough accuracy for architecture / Bim purposes. Costing a lot of z1's. I have tried this feature with a mp pro2 on mp, no satisfaction.

I will combine it with home maintenance and repairs, so hopefully enough work to pay the bills,

@Charles indeed, Portugal is a nice place. Real estate is a lot different though, no exclusivity and a lot of traps to fall into. Anybody can sell homes there without proper qualification.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
Dear universe, please send me a Leica BLK 360 so I can donate my pro 2 3D to an aspiring virtual tour artist.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101421 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?