Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppCortexCustomer ServiceProblems

Cannot install Cortex on Capture app. Please Help!!!12794

Teden private msg quote post Address this user
I have been dealing with Matterport support for 3 days now with no success.

Attached is a screenshot of the error code that comes up every time I attempt to take a scan or toggle the '3D conversion' tab under 'updates'.

I have noticed in the app store there are comments complaining about the same issue.

Hopefully someone here has come across this issue and have found a solution that myself and 3 matterport support staff have been unable to solve!

I am hoping to start a virtual tour business in my area and would very much like to use matterport but I am starting to research other platforms as matterport has already given me days of headache before I have even take 1 scan!

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Teden

Welcome to the WGAN Forum. Wish it was better news.

Can you post a video of "what happens" and include "which smartphone" including make, model and available storage remaining?

Also, is this for a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Teden

About to start WGAN-TV Live at 5 today; other may be able to help...

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
I am using an iPad Air2 that has approx 90gb of available storage. I am trying to use the Ricoh Theta V but for the purposes of this video and in attempt to install Cortex I have the iPad's camera enabled so I can have my Wi-Fi connected instead of the Theta V.(The result is the same with both cameras) The iPad also has cellular data capabilities but I was told by Matterport support that Cortex will not install using cellular data.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Unable to upload the video but everytime I hit the capture button that error screen, shown in previous post,pops up
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Teden

Please post the video to YouTube and then use the video button to embed in your post.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Teden

I have an all day shoot today (Friday, 14 August 2020). I will not have an opportunity to review.

Perhaps other WGAN Members will be able to review your info above to see if they can help you.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
castaway private msg quote post Address this user
Hey there.

This might seem cray cray, but I saw you have nothing loaded in the capture app yet/read that you haven't yet scanned? How about just doing a quick scan a single scan of anything, then trying it. In case it'll make it jive?

Or re-installing the app?

The "App must be left in the foreground during Cortex installation" is for real. Did you leave it open in the foreground and touch nothing while it did its thing? With nothing paired or attached or running, and screen not locking? I would go to Setting>Display & Brightness> "Autolock: NEVER". I had to do that on mine when I downloaded Cortex, because the autolock kept interrupting the install. NM that one, I just watched our video again and saw it happens right away.

I probably won't be the one to figure it all out, but I might be able make some suggestions on seeking support. The video and description you've provided are excellent. To get more eyes and minds on the issue, please provide the following

Please upload a screenshot of;

1. Your Settings>General>About section on your iPad, to include from "Software Version" down to "available", blacking out your serial number

2. Your Setting>Capture page showing "Location" down to "Cellular Data"

3. After opening your Capture app, clicking on the three bars in the upper left, then Settings & Privacy

4. After opening your Capture app, clicking on the three bars in the upper left, then Storage & Firmware

A few troubleshooting steps:

Have you closed all open apps on your iPad?

1. double-tap fast on the home button,
2. then when you see the mini-tiles of all your open programs? swipe up on each of them to make sure they're closed (powering the device off and then one will not do this)

Have you tried going Setting>Cellular>Cellular Data: OFF?

AND, at the same time

Have you tried going Setting>Bluetooth: OFF

THEN with cell data and BT switched off through settings? being connected to a fast WIFI that is not your MP or 360 camera, but a proper Wifi, with cellular and bluetooth turned off from Settings (not from the quick look swipe-up screen). If so? Have you tried it with other WIFI contexts (say like starbucks, or a hotspot off your phone, in case your home wifi has mad jitter and latency)

Have you powered the iPad off then restarted? (just asking, in case, I figure you have)

Is this a jailbroken iPad?

Have you now, or at any time(little joke there) used iExplorer, or a similar program to interact with the Capture App?

Have you made a back up of this iPad ("to this computer" not to iCloud or anything like that(https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977)) recently, (then, for safety? found (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204215#findiTunes) and backed up a copy of the backup file to an external drive)

If you've taken both those steps? You should be in a good position in the even the MP app, or the iOS needs re-installed.

Are you using a Pro(1) or a Pro2?

Were you signed into the Capture App from the device?

Were you also signed into my.matterport.com on the device at the same time? (maybe sign out, close safari(as described above), go SETTINGS>(scroll down to)SAFARI> (Scroll down to) "Clear History and Website Data" then select "Clear History and Data"

If you were signed into the Capture App, maybe sign out then back in.

If the app was indeed empty of scans? Can you (long-press the screen until icons wiggle and have a little "x' next to each> delete the black Capture App, make sure the iOS is updated, then install Capture?

That's all I can thing of for now. If you'll be so good as to answer these? upload the requested fields?

Better minds than mine here might be able to help get closer to a fix?

Hope it goes well. I wouldn't be too discouraged by this, you'll get it figured out and don't really need the Cortex to get on with your scanning, though it would be best to work it out first.

This is just a tangent/an "aside", but:

I was looking for minimum system requirements for the Capture App and found on MP's site Ipad Air 1 and iPad Mini 4 (retina) "** Not recommended for use with the Pro2 or Pro2 Lite 3D camera with firmware 1.1.623.X or above.", which, presumably because of the need for more ram, and probably processors, with a Pro2 or Pro2 lite, due to higher resolution photos (more data to crunch, more power and buffering needed)

The 9.7-inch iPad Air is powered by a 2 core 1.4Ghz Apple A7 processor, and has 1GB of RAM
The iPad mini 4 Retina is powered by a 2 Core 1.5Ghz Apple A8 processor, and has 2GB of RAM

But the:

The 9.7-inch iPad Pro models are powered by an 2 core, 2.1GH Apple A9X processor, and has 2 GB of RAM
The 9.7-inch iPad Air 2 is powered by a 3 core, 1.5Ghz Apple A8x processor, and has 2 GB of RAM

So only marginally more processing power, compared to say a 4th Gen 12.9" Ipad pro with an 8 core 2.5 ghz Apple A12Z Bionic processor with 6GB RAM

Still, they're in spec for the app though, so def not that.

iPhone (6S or newer)
iPad Pro* (1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation)
iPad (7th generation)
iPad Air (2nd and 3rd generation)
iPad (5th generation)
iPad Air** (1st generation)
iPad mini Retina 2, 3, 4** (NOT the original iPad Mini)
iPad mini 5 (with 3GB or more of RAM)
iPad mini 1
iPad mini 2
iPad 4 or earlier models
Using an unsupported iPad can cause the Capture app to crash.
* Optional keyboard and/or pencil not supported on any iPad model.
** Not recommended for use with the Pro2 or Pro2 Lite 3D camera with firmware 1.1.623.X or above.
Post 9 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
@Teden I just tried it with my ancient iPhone SE and it went totally smoothly.
I downloaded Capture, opened it and signed in. IMMEDIATELY it started downloading cortex. I then did a scan and all worked.
Suggestion. If you have any other scans already there, back them up. Use iExplorer.
Delete the App.
Switch iPad off and on.
Re download app and pray!

On the phone the version was 4.0.2

Good luck.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thanks for taking so much time to try and help, I have tried every suggestion you offered. I have attached the screenshots you asked for. You mentioned I should do a scan, the app will not let me unless I have cortex it takes me directly to the install Cortex page and then the error message pops up right away. The iPad is not jail broken. I might resort to factory restart of the iPad as much as I don't want to.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Hear you and thanks.

How about switching off "assisted placement" and update the iOS*, and trying

If that doesn't do it,delete and re-install Capture on the updated iOS, and try?

everyi (part of everymac) seems to think you can go to iOS 14 (with limited features)but the device says it's' only up to 13.6

I'd give that a shot before anything else. From their page on iPad Air 2. Don't worry. You'll be able to get this going

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/ipad/specs/apple-ipad-air-2-a1567-wi-fi-cellular-lte-specs.html

Pre-Installed OS: iOS 8.1 (12B410) Maximum OS: Current*
Details: With the exception of "Health" functionality, this model is fully supported by iOS 8.1. It is fully supported by iOS 9 including advanced interface functionality. It is supported by iOS 10, although it does not support the Raise to Wake or Ride-Booking features. It is fully supported by iOS 11. It is supported by the final version of iOS 12 with the exception of the Memoji, Camera Effects, and ARKit 2 features. It is supported by the final version of iPadOS 13, with the exception of the Adjust Portrait Lighting and "High-Key Mono" photography features as well as modest AR features (Motion Capture, People Occlusion).

*The iPad Air 2 is supported by the current version of iPadOS 14, but does not support a number of advanced features (ARKit Depth API and Location Anchors, AR RealityKit Video Textures, Spatial Audio via AirPods Pro and On-Device Dictation).
Post 12 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Assisted placement is off on my iPhone and that worked so you could try switching it off.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thank you guys for all the help, but I resorted to factory rest of the iPad and everything seems to be working great. At least I have found a great helpful resource if I come across any other issues throughout my matterport journey!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Sorry about spacing on that you were on a 360 camera earlier
Glad you were able to figure out something to get it going! Happy scanning
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
401 error is an authorisation error of HTTP protocol. It means one is trying to access some files on a web server that they have not been authorised to access.

Most likely Cortex installation is coming from the Matterport server directly(not Apple store) and Matterport only gives it to their authorised users. So it looks like when one cannot download Cortex installation files they simply have not been logged in into their Matterport cloud account in the Capture app.

Solution is to create a Matterport cloud account and use it to log in with it in the Capture app. Once done that error should go away.

More details on this error is at clickable text
Post 16 IP   flag post
101434 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?