Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Highlights ReelParametersPricing

Matterport Highlight Reel: what should I charge?12789

Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
Hello community,

A custom builder I work with has requested a highlight reel (which I've never done. Yikes) and they're asking me what I charge in addition to my fee. Not sure how to estimate price for this. Any suggestion would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Shawn P
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Shawn, Lets start of by saying these are very easy and should be part of every tour at no extra cost (in my book...)
In edit click on the film looking icon on the right,
click the bottom round icon it will go to the photos that Matterport creates, click select all and click at the bottom to apply.
That will give you a play button when the tour first loads.
Good Luck...
Post 2 IP   flag post
DaK private msg quote post Address this user
I second that, I always include them for free. When I take photos in the tour, I always start with the highlight reel in mind. I start taking pictures where I want the reel to start and progress through the house as if I was doing the walkthrough highlight reel option (which is the version I always do) and then after the photos are done, just use the add images to reel option and they are just added in the correct order for a walkthrough highlight reel. Do a little tweaking with the pans and you’re done.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@DouglasMeyers @DaK

Then that's the tact I'll take. Thank you.

This raises another question. Is there a best practice in regards to camera placement for the highlight reel?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Shawn_P

Here are two WGAN 3rd Party Provider Members that can create Matterport Highlight Reels for you:

CAPTUR3D (@Steven_Kounnas) WGAN Forum posts: captur3d
MP2EDIT by TresDePro (@TresDePro) WGAN Forum posts: MP2EDIT

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I can't imagine not including a highlight reel, but it's where real artistry and finesse can create an experience equal to our better than video.

I create a highlight reel for every property, and for all the images I create from my matterport tour, I import into Adobe Lightroom classic, open develop mode, and improve lighting, remove shadows, and add crispness.

I'd say do it for free, earn brownie points.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@DaK I agree, my positioning is based on where I'll get the best photographs from and where my highlight reel will be most effective.

Don't forget to set your highlight reels to autoplay by adding &ts=1 after the URL
Post 7 IP   flag post
@GETMYVR Spoke with my client. They were very appreciative. Thank you for the advice.
Post 8 IP   flag post
BrianNash private msg quote post Address this user
I have done many for free. Then realized some people don't value them or use them. Since Covid my business has jumped up big time, partly by working with other photographers that do drone and video, but don't have matterport - which their clients are asking for... so I profit share a bit of commission. Anyway, they charge for video, which many times if comparable to a highlight, apart from music.. which can also be done with a HL with a screen capture and Imovie. Anyway, now I give one for free as a sample, but if the client likes it and wants another, I charge $50 because can take up to an hour to create; I don't use many of pics Matterport offers, as they are often off-center and not very good imho.. sorry AI.. lol
Post 9 IP   flag post
101426 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?