Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
InmanNews

Inman: "Are we witnessing the end of professional real estate photography?"12778

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Inman (11 August 2020) Are we witnessing the end of professional real estate photography?

"For evidence on how quickly real estate marketing media and image marketing is evolving, look to Matterport, the segment’s pioneer and the only real 3D-tour tech at one point," reports Inman.

"It appears photographers still have a role in the marketing plans of real estate brokerages. Yet, there’s unquestionably a shake-up underway. Likely, these trends even out just like the iBuyer spike did, with agents being able to offer sellers a range of alternatives and not really leave the transaction. Their role will merely change," reports Inman.

---

The Inman opinion post is a lengthly commentary.

I encourage you to subscribe to Inman to read articles like this.

Free 90 day trial of Inman with this WGAN Affiliate Code
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
With only reading the quote in the orginal post I would say the story is overinflated. Those article/magazines have to be sold! As I've mentioned many times before, I am own a youth sports photography business. In my 33 years in that business, I can't tell you how many times that I heard and read the same type of statement.

Digital cameras came out..no more film...it was the end of sports photographers because parents had digital cameras and would take their own pictures. That didn't happen and it actually opened up more markets for us, including action sports photos taken and printed on-site.

Cell Phone cameras are now getting so good that parents won't need the sports photographer any more. Again, it did not happen. Parents still couldn't do all the things sports photographers could do, at least not as efficiently. We could deliver buttons, trading cards, mugs, posters, etc and have them ready within a couple of weeks.

Are there parents that hire a parent with a digital camera to do the occasional team or even league? You bet. They always come back to us because the service aspect was not there nor the quality. Are there parents that take their child's photo with a cell phone and have photos and products made? A very few but not enough to worry about.

Industries change and technologies change and we all adapt with them. I don't believe most real estate agents will want to do all the services we can provide in a one stop shop. Some will, most won't.

I'm 60 now and everytime I've heard the sky is falling, it hasn't.
Post 2 IP   flag post
adc1967 private msg quote post Address this user
The best example I converse to others:

Hairdressers. You have a hair salon on every corner. You have $5 haircuts, kids hair places, big chains, luxury hair places, you name it.....hair is everywhere.

The $100 hair stylus is not worried about the $5 place. Same at every level.

One must develop and maintain a client base. The $100 hair stylus can be picky about the clients they take on. The styists doing walk-ins are probably newcomers and need to build a client base.

Eveybody is a photographer. Real Estate, People, headshots, lifestyle, product, kids, front porch family photos....EVERYBODY IS A PHOTOGRAPHER......Not Everybody is successful. It does not matter if Matterport can be operated by anyone who can use an iPad. It's the entire package of what you can deliver.

At the end of the day...photos, matterports, 3d tours, videos, aerials, brochures, DO nOT SELL HOUSES. They sell Realtors. I don't care what the stats show. If the house is priced right, it will sell. Sure there are outliers (client purchased house out of town based on photos and tours), that is the exception.If photos sold houses..you would not see all the crap pictures (80%) on MLS listings. Most are shot by some kid...sent to India at .50 per image (even the so called "American owned" editing companies send to India or overseas for editing).

Sorry for the rant
Post 3 IP   flag post
adc1967 private msg quote post Address this user
One thing more thing....Matterport, 3d tours and videos (and photos) are so valuable now for the everyone involved. The services allow potential buyers to 'narrow" their choices before going to a physical showing. Buyer's agents will appreciate maybe taking a client thru 1-3 houses instead of 6-7 (or more). Homeowners will appreciate showings for people who are more "serious" about their property.

The one downside would possibly agents who build client bases on doing open houses.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I make sure all my customers know that there virtual tour is ready for them to conduct a live virtual open house at any time a customer's ready to do a walkthrough.

We're not just taking pictures. We are professional technology fitters.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101426 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?