Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AsteroomFloor PlansInsta360 One XRicoh Theta VRicoh Theta Z1Versus

floorplan and 360 camera12740

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I'm finding that many of my realtors are paying for my full Matterport tour just to get the floor plans. That's not all bad for me but I would rather offer the floor plan as a seperate add on.

So if you were buying a 360 camera just to use for floorplans, which one would you suggest? I would like the Theta Z but it's Covid times and I'm trying to conserve money and that's overkill for floorplans. I'm hoping the extra floorplans sold will finance the purchase on the Theta Z. A company can go broke trying to keep up with expensive technology.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Asteroom virtual tour created from this Matterport Digital Twin shot with a Matterport Pro1 3D Camera by We Get Around Atlanta. Images were lightly retouched by Asteroom (automatically included in workflow for WGAN Members). | 20 360 photo spheres were used to create this Asteroom tour

Screen Grab: 2D schematic floor plan created by Asteroom from the Asteroom virtual tour above.

---

@fotoguy

I would encourage you to decide on which platform for creating 2D schematic floor plans before deciding on which 360 camera (because some platforms and deep integrations with specific 360 cameras.

For example, it is super-easy for Asteroom to create 2D schematic floor plans from the Asteroom virtual tour. And, you can shoot a 3,000 SQ FT space in 15 minutes, according to Asteroom. (One 360 per room, plus line-of-sight in the hallways. The MAGIC is recording the height of the camera lens to the floor.

The Asteroom app (iOS, Android) seamlessly integrates with:

1. Ricoh Theta Z1 (I understand impossible to buy at the moment; unless at a premium on eBay (used)
2. Ricoh Theta V
3. Insta360 One X
4. Others including an Asteroom Smartphone Rotator Kit paired with your smartphone

Plus, options 1, 2 and 3 are compatible with Matterport.

If it was me, I would buy the Ricoh Theta V and then upgrade to the Ricoh Theta Z1, once available (and sell the Ricoh Theta V on eBay). This way, your workflow doesn't change: the image quality gets better.

While you may only be interested in the above solution for 2D schematic floor plans (then the Ricoh Theta V is fine); it's likely that once you use Asteroom, you will then have a solution for lower priced real estate listings where the Asteroom Tour and/or Floor plans are offered as Add Ons to your photo shoots.

As a WGAN Standard Member, I encourage you to take advantage of these Asteroom offers for WGAN Members.

Two Asteroom special offers for WGAN Members

Two Asteroom Virtual Tour Special Offers for the WGAN Community

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan for your thoughtful response!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Help me understand this guys.

2 questions:

1- If I shoot a house for Asteroom using my Theta V or One X, how much do I pay Asteroom for a tour, dollhouse and floorplan? Is it $17.50 plus subscription cost?

2- Dan- how would I use the Matterport Pro camera with Asteroom? Ok, I just figured this out, but others may be interested in the workaround.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Expertise
2- Dan- how would I use the Matterport Pro camera with Asteroom? Ok, I just figured this out, but others may be interested in the workaround.

@Expertise

How to Create an Asteroom using 360s Shot by a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera
Tips for Matterport Photographers Shooting Asteroom Virtual Tours
Identical Tours: Matterport (73 scans) Versus Asteroom (20 360s)

Is your solution different?

Dan

P.S. I will reply to your other question shortly.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
1- @If I shoot a house for Asteroom using my Theta V or One X, how much do I pay Asteroom for a tour, dollhouse and floorplan? Is it $17.50 plus subscription cost?

Likely the best option for Matterport Service Providers (that are WGAN Forum Members) testing/playing with Asteroom:

Asteroom Pay Per Tour Bundle for WGAN Forum Members-No Monthly Subscription

For WGAN Standard and Premium Members

Asteroom Pay Per Tour Bundle: 1st Free for WGAN Standard & Premium Members

For clarification, the Asteroom Pay Per Tour Bundles includes six months of hosting, 3D Dollhouse and the 360s professionally edited.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
We should construct a list of all known floor plan services, seems this comes up a lot.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab of eBlast received Monday, 10 August 2020.

@fotoguy @GETMYVR

Here is the Asteroom link to learn more about 2D Floor Plans.

Asteroom virtual tour platform makes it easy to order 2D Floor Plans.

I encourage you to take advantage of these Asteroom benefits for WGAN Standard and Premium Members...

WGAN Standard and Premium Members

Use can use both of these benefits ...

1. Your first Asteroom Pay Per Tour Bundle is Free. Use this WGAN Form to get your Coupon Code.
2. Free use of Asteroom Professional Subscription Plan (Save $19.90 per month) | WGAN Form to receive this WGAN Standard and Premium Membership benefit. (Please Private Message me for the password.) | Plus, if then decide to upgrade to Asteroom Enterprise Membership, a $19.90 monthly credit will be applied to your Asteroom Enterprise subscription.

Join the Asteroom Photographer Network to receive potential leads

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Expertise ...

Did you have follow-up questions about ordering 2D floor plans from Asteroom virtual tour?

WGAN Forum Members ...

Take Asteroom for a spin with no monthly subscription with the Asteroom Pay Per Tour Bundle special pricing for WGAN Forum Members:

No monthly subscription
✓ create the virtual tour with up to 30 360 photo spheres (likely sufficient for 90 percent of listings)
create the dollhouse view
professionally edit the 360 panoramas
✓ 6 months of hosting
✓ (additional 6 months hosting available for $15)
✓ (additional 360 photo spheres may be added to the tour for $1.50 each)
✓ $60 one-time payment

Asteroom Pay Per Tour (PPT) Special Pricing for WGAN Members (nicely loaded) is good through 31 July 2021 and then subject to change.

How to Receive the WGAN Coupon Code for Asteroom

✓ Either join the free WGAN Forum (free) to receive the COUPON CODE or Private Message me (@DanSmigrod) with the subject line: Asteroom Pay Per Tour Pricing for WGAN Members

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
101437 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?