Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdvice

Updating a Showcase1271

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, quick question...I recently went back and rescanned some areas of a home due to lighting issues. Once that was done, I hit the upload button. I now have two showcases in Workshop. Did I do this correctly? Do I get charged for two uploads? I just wanted to disable some old scans and replace with the new ones.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
No its just the 1 charge assuming they are under 100 scans (well if the first was under 100 and you added more than 100, it would be an additional charge)
When you reupload it makes a new model
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Thanks Jamie. It's actually the first time I have ever gone back and re-did some scans. So, I was a little freaked out when I noticed two of the same showcases in my account. I thought it would just add the new scans to the original upload. Wonder why it makes a whole new one? Oh well...as long as I don't get dinged for it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I guess it's just so you can keep an original. Sometimes you might want to delete parts
Post 4 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Jamie,

I recently had a similar issue with going back and getting more scans.

When I reuplaoded the model with the new scans the new scans didn't connect to the previous scans in the new showcase?

If I clicked into the showcase from the follow up outside scans I could click through into the inside scans but couldn't turn around back to the outside scans. The showcase wasn't showing the scan points.

If I clicked into the showcase from the inside scans it didn't recognize the outside scans at all and in turn couldn't go outside despite the follow up scan points on the same model, just reuploaded.

On the reupload, it did create another model like mentioned above which I'm not as worried about.

Hope that makes a sense.

Thank you for any feedback you might have!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
I think I may know your issue. I had something similar.

If you are talking about dealing with outside scans - I have run into an issue where I would take scans of a patio and then when I tried to go back and see if everything turned out ok, I couldn't connect my outside scans with the inside - I couldn't walk to the outside patio from the inside - the scans were there, I just couldn't' walk to them - I can't remember if the scans showed up or not - but I knew they were there. I realized it wasn't allowing me to connect and walk to those outside scans because I marked the part I was trying to walk through a "window" in the capture app because it was a patio glass door. So, I had to go back and delete the "window" marking and then I could access the scans on the outside. It just wouldn't allow me to connect to those outside scans until I deleted the "window" marking. Not sure if that's what you are talking about or not - but make sure there isn't something impeding you getting to those outside scans - like a "window" marking in the capture app.
Post 6 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
You the man @pixelray!

That's exactly it. I marked the part I was trying to walk through as a "window" as it was closed on the first session.

Once the lighting changed I went out the next day and captured it and didn't think the window would cause an issue.

Thank you so much for the reply!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
You bet. I drive myself crazy one day with this trying to figure out. Glad I could help
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?