Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
iGuide

iGuide still image capture12669

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bentonville, Arkansas
kwreece private msg quote post Address this user
Is the iGuide camera capable of letting you pull high res still images from a tour? Matterport says there camera is capable of doing it. From a productivity standpoint, pulling the images from the tour saves a ton of time obviously.

Thanks in advance,

Ken
Post 1 IP   flag post
iGuide
Product
Marketing Manager
Kitchener, Canada
Chris_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
The iGUIDE camera and software allow still images to be captured from the 360 degree panoramas or from a single fisheye image. All the photos for this property were captured with the iGUIDE camera:

https://youriguide.com/1505_sesame_st_toronto_on

Click the Photos tab on the tour to see them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MarcelloM private msg quote post Address this user
Hello where we can buy an iGuide camera?
Post 3 IP   flag post
PropertyCapture private msg quote post Address this user
IGuide is certainly capable of pulling hi res images. Given that they use a canon camera and fisheye.

The scanning time is significantly less verses Matterport. Quality greater. Can stitch images with the likes of PTGui and upload to hosting platform of your choosing, self host or let iGuide process and host for you. The only thing that is more difficult is the creation of floor plans from laser data.

If you are selling service to real estates, I would recommend virtual tour and photography as seperate services. Photos produced for panos are generally shot in the middle of the room. Still phots are generally shot from different angles and placement of the camera. Great real estate still photos have multiple photography rules included in them. Eg composition, rule of thirds, different lighting etc. Photos and virtual tours have one job - to help sell. In my opinion combining these two services reduces the effectiveness of this job.

I hope this helps.

Peter
Post 4 IP   flag post
iGuide
Product
Marketing Manager
Kitchener, Canada
You can buy a camera online here:

https://store.goiguide.com/iguide-camera/ims-5/

For more information about the iGUIDE, camera system, etc. go here:

https://goiguide.com
Post 5 IP   flag post
iGuide
Product
Marketing Manager
Kitchener, Canada
@Quote:
Originally Posted by PropertyCapture
Photos produced for panos are generally shot in the middle of the room. Still phots are generally shot from different angles and placement of the camera.

Agreed. Typical panorama locations are not ideal for still photos. To overcome this the iGUIDE camera has the ability to capture a single image from any location that can later be turned into a still image. This usually means after a panorama is created you would back up into the corner and take a single image to create a better field of view than the panorama would have provided.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bentonville, Arkansas
kwreece private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone. Chris your stills look absolutely good enough to me for web use.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Spring, TX
Photography360 private msg quote post Address this user
I was going to ask the same question as I am on the verge of purchasing the iGuide camera. Thank you for asking it.
A couple more questions Chris if you do not mind.
Will you be updating the iGuide camera system anytime in the near future? The reason I ask is I purchased the Matterport camera and a month later they came out with the Pro 2 despite me asking if there was an upgrade in the pipeline.
Also, I am in the US do you charge sales tax on the camera?
Post 8 IP   flag post
iGuide
Product
Marketing Manager
Kitchener, Canada
@Photography360 I cannot speak to camera updates. However, we are always working to improve iGUIDE technology.

Sales tax is not charged on orders destined for the US but occasionally there may be import fees. Contact sales@planitar.com for more info.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Spring, TX
Photography360 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Saulius private msg quote post Address this user
Can iGUIDE be used just as camera, separately from processing service? fFr example with 3D Vista processing.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101436 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?