Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AsteroomDisclaimerFloor PlansLegalMP2FPQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: EXACT wording of your disclaimer on floor plans?12667

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

2D Floor Plan example courtesy of Matterport. The disclaimer reads: GROSS INTERNAL AREA FLOOR 1: [SIZE] sq ft, FLOOR 2: [size] sq ft TOTAL [size] sq ft SIZES AND DIMENSIONS ARE APPROXIMATE, ACTUAL MAY VARY

---

2D Floor Plan example courtesy of Asteroom. The disclaimer reads: SIZES AND DIMENSIONS ARE APPROXIMATE, ACTUAL MAY VARY.

---

2D Floor/Site Plans example courtesy of CAPTUR3D. The disclaimer text reads: [Address] TOTAL APPROX. FLOOR AREA [size] SQ.FT "Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of the floor plan contained here, measurements of doors, windows, rooms and any other item are approximate and no responsibility is taken for any error, omission, or misstatement. This plan is for illustrative purposes only and should only be used as such by any prospective purchaser.

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Friday, 31 July 2020:

What is the EXACT wording of your disclaimer on your floor plans?

For example:

✓ if you order floor plans from Matterport, the disclaimer will read:
SIZES AND DIMENSIONS ARE APPROXIMATE, ACTUAL MAY VARY

✓ if you order floor plans from Asteroom, the disclaimer will read:
SIZES AND DIMENSIONS ARE APPROXIMATE, ACTUAL MAY VARY.

✓ if you order floor plans from MP2FP, the disclaimer will read what you want it to read:
"There are no logos or additional branding from MP2FP on the produced floorplans. If you upload your logos and disclaimer text or other fixed content we will add these as default to all your floorplans without any extra charges per prior agreement," says the MP2FP website.

✓ if you order floor/site plans from CAPTUR3D, you can specify the disclaimer text. Please see above for default example.

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. This question was inspired by discussion in this WGAN Forum topic:

Where to get Floor plans for Matterport Tours shot with Ricoh Theta Z1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ironwills
Adding some thoughts here. I just started using @MP2FP and I am very happy with the result. Slightly more $ than other options but they seem really tight.

My problem is my clients. Almost every floor plan I have done they come back with changes. the last was the Sq footage was off by 11 sq/ft. Then there was the seller who was an architect. Then the seller who said the patio was the wrong dimensions and shape.

I am struggling with trying to explain these aren't builder plans but marketing tools.

Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @VTLV
I thought there was another name to use in front of the word floor plan that was commonly used 10+ years ago. This word was used to demonstrate the difference between an architectural versus for esthetic use.

Maybe the word is “schematic”. Would anyone in UK notice a word use difference with floor plans being more commonly used there? I think there’s some keywords we need to home into or insert a certain disclaimer sentence.
Post 1 IP   flag post
New Interior
Solutions
Bellevue, Washington
ftosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I have an agent who asks me every time to remove the measurements from the floor plan because time ago he noticed a pretty big discrepancy. So, now I deliver the floor plan with only the name of the rooms and the Matterport logo.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101426 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?