Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Active SpaceArchived SpacePasswords

New Matterport password protection feature12653

MDITS private msg quote post Address this user
So now that Matterport is offering the new password protection: https://matterport.com/blog/new-way-sharing-your-spaces how long till they remove it because I will use it to show off space to the real estate agents so they can view everything without the need to use up the slots of my account.

I do see a need for this feature but I just think that Matterport will take it away or charge us money based on the number of password protected scans we do. I mean they already are keeping us back with the new "active" scans and I think they will try and make even more money off of us now that this feature we have been wanting for a long time is finally here. But it will be nice to be able to link out sites without having people login because so many people right now are working remotely and nobody wants to sit in the same room with other people.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@MDITS

Thank you for being the first WGAN Forum Member to post about this new Matterport feature.

My impression is that to share a Matterport space with password protection, the model is considered ACTIVE and DOES count towards ACTIVE SPACES for Matterport current pricing plans.

I could imagine that Matterport will update this Matterport Support page for "What is an Active or an Archived Model?" shortly. When I checked today (30 July 2020), this page was last updated 16 July 2020 and was silent regarding PASSWORD protected models being considered an ACTIVE SPACE or ARCHIVED SPACE.

That said, to me, sharing a model with PASSWORD would be an ACTIVE SPACE use case.

Why do you think otherwise?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yes I would say its active as well because models that aren't public are "active". But I am worried they will put a limit on the number that you can have active and password protected. Because I could put models into a basic account and password protect them. I can see them removing this feature from Free and Starter tiers.

What really upsets me is that I am better off buying 5 Starter plans with 5 spaces each at $10 for a total of $50 then upgrading from the new Professional at $69/month to Professional Plus at $129. I get just as many spaces for $10 cheaper.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@MDITS

If you are not using a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera to create your Matterport digital twins, then, yes, the "math" is get seven (7) Matterport Starter Plans at $9.99 per month - a total of 35 active Matterport digital twins before even thinking about getting the Matterport Professional Plan at $69 per month - a total of 25 active Matterport digital twins. (Yes. Does NOT make sense!)

For the sake of simplifying understanding Matterport pricing, I could imagine that Matterport will NOT reduce features (such as password protection). The only exception is ordering floor plans in the Matterport Free and Starter Plans.

What is your use case for Matterport password protection?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
The usage I see for the password protection is to verify the space prior to making public. Sending links to both Agent and Property Owner. I have had a few times the space went live and the home owner or agent wanted a scan removed from view. I use to visit clients and show them all the spaces to make sure they agree with everything with the lockdown getting a face to face is hard and sharing on zoom just doesn't always work because they might be on a phone and really can't see the spaces like they can if they view it.

The floorplan thing is why you run 1 main account to order floorplans download then switch it to the storage account. And its crazy that we have to do that in order to get spaces at even a $2 per space rate. Should be a simple addon IMO.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
My impression is that to share a Matterport space with password protection, the model is considered ACTIVE and DOES count towards ACTIVE SPACES for Matterport current pricing plans.

Actually what we have discovered recently on MOUG Facebook there is only two states of what counting and what not on their new plans. Only archived spaces are not counted towards active count. Everything else no matter if it is public or private is counted.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
I see the password feature being used to manage leads..... much the same way showing a property is used for agents to make contact with prospects.

I also see it being used for clients who want a 3D scan, but don't want the whole World to be able to see it if they get the link. There are security issues associated with some clients like banks as one example. They can benefit from a 3D scan, but it's a deal killer if anyone else can access it.

If they do anything, I could easily see this being associated with the professional subscriptions or on a pay per model for the lower plans.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101641 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?