Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
4DAGEAsteroomBigantoDollhouse ViewEyeSpy360GeoCVMetareal StageNodalviewQuestion of the DayVersus

Question of the Day: Which Virtual Tour Platforms Offer a Dollhouse View?12649

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Saturday, 18 September 2020:

Which Virtual Tour Platforms/Software Offer a Dollhouse View?

1. 4DAGE (Examples)
2. Asteroom
3. Biganto (examples)
4. CloudPano
5. EyeSpy360
6. Everpano with krpano.
7. GeoCV [Platform no longer available]
8. Matterport
9. Metareal Stage
10. Nodalview (examples)
11. Tourbuzz powered by Urbanimmersive
12. Urbanimmersive (Example)

What other virtual tour platforms offer a dollhouse view?

Dan

P.S. This WGAN Question of the Day was inspired by @kwreece who asked this question in this WGAN Forum discussion:

Alternate High Quality Camera Besides Matterport

---

List updated: 2:43 pm EDT | Thursday, 30 September 2021
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Hmm, two more possibilities:

Everpano with krpano.

And I want to mention shapespark even though it is more suitable for construction projects.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@MeshImages

Thanks for sharing.

Do you know if you can upload actual 360 photo spheres to Shapespark - or is specifically for pre-built CAD 3D tour creation?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod shapespark only works with 3D data, importing 360s is not working. You need at least an OBJ file.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
@MeshImages any everpano sample with 3d model and floor plan ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod 4dage

asteroom, eyespe and nodal view are not real 3D - are they?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: 4DAGE Real Estate Mini Program | Video courtesy of 4D AGE YouTube Channel (30 July 2020)

@Kumar

Thank you for reminding me about 4DAGE and Nodalview. I edited the list (1st post above) to include these two. Coincidentally, I was just looking at the 4DAGE YouTube video (above) posted late last night.

Regarding your question: Are Asteroom, EyeSpy360 and Nodalview (etc.) 3D?

While I consider the walk around experience of Asteroom, EyeSpy360 and Nodalview 360 virtual tour solutions - dissolve between each 360 - they DO include a 3D Dollhouse view.

When I first bought my Matterport camera in July 2014 - six years ago - I thought that the Matterport 3D Dollhouse and the walk around tour was the only way to offer a 3D Dollhouse view. Today, Asteroom, EyeSpy360, Nodalview (and others) show that you can have a 360 virtual tour AND 3D Dollhouse view.

Plus, other virtual tour platforms/software - such as GeoCV and Metareal Stage show that it is possible to have a very similar walk around experience as Matterport AND the 3D Dollhouse too.

While I could imagine many here would want to debate the QUALITY of the various 3D Dollhouse views, my view is that the various 3D Dollhouse views are "good enough" for a real estate agent to:

1. get more listing presentation opportunities
2. win more listing listings
3. get bigger premium listings

So, we all need to decide if we are artists or business people. From a business perspective, "good enough" likely will generate more sales/revenue that seeking the best possible 3D Dollhouse from the "Artist" perspective.

Additional thoughts?

Enjoy your weekend.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
u got "biganto" to add...
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Kumar

Ha! Yet another one!

I (just) added Biganto to the list above AND to the WGAN curated list of 160+ 3D/360 Virtual Tour Platforms.

I that I continue to learn about yet more 3D/360 virtual tour platforms.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Some (early) solutions from Germany, just to mention here:

Benaco

And two more, but I am not sure about the platform question, just to mention here

NavVis

And

Stereolabs with the ZED cameras. Stereolabs is maybe off topic 😉
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Kumar I am sure you can add a floorplan with krpano, but actually I have not seen an example yet.

Krpano is powerpul but complicated and often involves coding skills.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
AhmedAttia private msg quote post Address this user
Guys, from those different platforms. Which one is the best and resolution cares for producing 3D walkthroughs (from Max or Sketch up renders) with Dollhouse capabilities
Post 12 IP   flag post
@AhmedAttia

From rendering (Vray) I would probably go for a 360 tour in 3DVista with a sketchfab dollhouse and/or 3D floorplan renderings. You can achieve amazing quality standards - see this example

I am not a great fan of those Unity-look-like solutions like shapespark and archilogic
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
@MeshImages

But 3DVista is mainly for 360 tours not 3D tours.

What do you think about Biganto?
Post 14 IP   flag post
@AhmedAttia thank you, Biganto looks great! I have to dive into it today. 👍 The ruler mode works exceptionally good!

And for 3D Vista you are right, but in Q4 2020 a 3D dollhouse and 3D transition mode is expected to be released in 3DVista. So, time will come 😉
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
@MeshImages yes, Biganto needs more time and a trial to see the final product from our own work, I asked one from my technical team to check it more. Actually i am searching for something gives the same wow look like Matterport but from off-plan design. This could be another revenue channel from the Interior design field.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
@Kumar Hi Kumar. Have you tried Biganto before?
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
@MeshImages

Have you tried 3DVista for any off-plan project? Just using 3D rendered panoramas?
Post 18 IP   flag post
@AhmedAttia not yet
Post 19 IP   flag post
@AhmedAttia yes, we are currently working on a virtual event solution with 3D Vista.
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
@MeshImages very good. Could you share it when it is ready for share?
Post 21 IP   flag post
WeGoVirtual private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
From rendering (Vray) I would probably go for a 360 tour in 3DVista with a sketchfab dollhouse and/or 3D floorplan renderings. You can achieve amazing quality standards

@MeshImages Do you know how to import a FBX/OBJ file into 3D Vista or how would you proceed to use the FBX or OBJ interactive animation in a 3D Vista tour?
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@WeGoVirtual @MeshImages

I elevated your discussion to its own WGAN Forum topic here:

How to import a FBX/OBJ file into 3DVista, or ...?

Best,

Dan
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I revised the original list today (Saturday, 18 September 2021).

Other virtual tour platforms/software that have added a dollhouse view?

Best,

Dan
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
krpano + PanoBlender

example: https://krpano.com/releases/1.20.9/viewer/examples/depthmap/abu-simbel-tempel-tour/tour_edithelper.html

do not use 4k output display, otherwise it may not open at all. Use WSDA keys on your keyboard to move freely in the tour. It is all done from 360 photos and there is no 3D data at all.

krpano + everpano mentioned above should generate the same output as using it with panoBlender addOn but it seems everepano has never been finished as a fully functional app.
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: How To Add 3D Dollhouse Floorplans On Your 360º Virtual Tours | Video courtesy of CloudPano YouTube Channel | 30 September 2021

Video: How To Customize and Add 3D Dollhouse Floor Plans To CloudPano Virtual Tours | Video courtesy of CloudPano YouTube Channel | 30 September 2021

Hi All,

In this video (top, above), CloudPano Co-Founder Zach Calhoon announces 3D Dollhouse view (Thursday, 30 September 2021). In the second video, Zach describes how to create the 3D Dollhouse.

Your thoughts?

Other platforms that have 3D Dollhouse view (and I am missing from the list in the original post above?

Best,

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Matterport versus Its Competitors | Video courtesy of Ben Claremont YouTube Channel | September 29, 2021

Hi All,

Ben talks about about 3D Dollhouse view in this video (above), so I thought I would include it in this 3D Dollhouse view discussion.

Best,

Dan
Post 27 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

It is better the service providers and anyone else (us) call 3D as 3D - being honest and just to definitions.

This is mere 2.5D (if anything like that exists), bunch of 2D images positioned as walls and floors and nothing else.

So this could be called a 2D doll house and not 3D clearly.
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I just watched this Matterport comparison vid. Ben Claremont is such a great presenter! He produced a very helpful comparo. Did you notice that he mentioned the WGAN forum TWICE during his review!?!?!? He made a good pitch to his listeners, hopefully you will see some incremental traffic. His video just came out yesterday and already has over 3,100 views.

I just did my first Matterport tour (7,200 sq. ft. house!) with my Ricoh SC2. Must say I am impressed by the quality of the overall tour experience. I think there is still a place to offer the Zillow 3D Home tours to get preferred positioning for a property listing on Zillow, but for a more high-end property, Matterport will be my go-to.

And...I used the Matterport "highlight reel" to create an automated walkthrough that provides a good second way to present the property. That is a pretty slick tool! Downside: can't add music track.

Onward!
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Dataventurer

Congrats on your first Matterport tour and wow - 7,200 SQ FT with a Ricoh Theta SC2 - please do start a new WGAN Forum discussion to tell us about your first Matterport scan experience with a Ricoh Theta SC2 (when you can). Did you shoot a Zillow 3D Tour too with the Ricoh Theta SC2?

Tip: You can add music to your Matterport tour using a 3rd party service such as CAPTUR3D and MPEMBED.

Yes. Thanks for noticing the TWO shout-outs (3:42 and 43:43) to the We Get Around Network Forum Community.

That was SUPER-KIND of Ben.

Best,

Dan
Post 30 IP   flag post
101436 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?