Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,051 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Buy CameraiGuideVersusXPhase Pro

Alternate High Quality Camera Besides Matterport12646

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bentonville, Arkansas
kwreece private msg quote post Address this user
I am. professional photographer. I am looking for a HIGH QUALIty alternative to the Matterport for the following reasons:

1. The copywriter issue is ridiculous. We as photographers are creating the content and should own it outright. Letting Matterport own the content and use it however the like is not acceptable to many clients.
2. The company seems to be focusing on the lowest common denominator trying to sell services over quality solutions that differentiate their work from the agents and low quality producers using cell phones and inexpensive systems. They make their money obviously on the post production and want as many folks signed up as possible with no concern for the pros who are hurt by this methodology.

My question is - what are the high quality alternatives out there. The direction Matterport is going commoditizing our work and driving down the potential revenue.

Thanks Ken
Post 1 IP   flag post
AvistaMedia private msg quote post Address this user
Q: What area are you operating in?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@kwreece

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

1. Do you know which of 150+ platforms/software for hosting virtual tours you would like to use?
2. WGAN curates a list of 50+ 3D/360 cameras.

As a professional photographer, you might look at iGuide ... (iGuide uses a DSLR camera in the workflow).

@andriystrebkov is on the iGuide Sales Team and active in the WGAN Forum.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bentonville, Arkansas
I am in Northwest Arkansas. Currently located in Bentonville. My background had been working on 3D for Walmart.
Post 4 IP   flag post
AvistaMedia private msg quote post Address this user
I would recommend the iGUIDE system.
Post 5 IP   flag post
jericreson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwreece
I am. professional photographer. I am looking for a HIGH QUALIty alternative to the Matterport for the following reasons:

1. The copywriter issue is ridiculous. We as photographers are creating the content and should own it outright. Letting Matterport own the content and use it however the like is not acceptable too many clients.

2. The company seems to be focusing on the lowest common denominator trying to sell services over quality solutions that differentiate their work from the agents and low quality producers using cell phones and inexpensive systems. They make their money obviously on the post production and want as many folks signed up as possible with no concern for the pros who are hurt by this methodology.

My question is - what are the high quality alternatives out there. The direction Matterport is going commoditizing our work and driving down the potential revenue.

Thanks Ken

This is precisely why I opted for the Xphase. The resolution and quality is off the charts compared to most of the 360 cameras out there. Perhaps try hosting yourself and owning your software through 3DVista, or using a platform such as Cupix, or EyeSpy360.

I'm not a fan of the Matterport product. For the same reasons you state, plus, I find that, while it is the most overall visually pleasing interface (many of the alternatives have a tacky feel to their elements), the process of moving through the properties is, at best, tedious. I, personally, would rather move room to room, in one click, not "jump through hoops" to get there, and then view that room's features in high resolution (as you do with the Xphase).

As a bonus, your purchase price is in the $1000 range, versus several times that. Good luck to you!
Post 6 IP   flag post
CuttingEdge private msg quote post Address this user
I second the iGuide system.
Post 7 IP   flag post
ahagert private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericreson
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwreece

1. The copywriter issue is ridiculous. We as photographers are creating the content and should own it outright. Letting Matterport own the content and use it however the like is not acceptable too many clients.

Thanks Ken

This is precisely why I opted for the Xphase. The resolution and quality is off the charts compared to most of the 360 cameras out there. Perhaps try hosting yourself and owning your software through 3DVista, or using a platform such as Cupix, or EyeSpy360.

I'm not a fan of the Matterport product. For the same reasons you state, plus, I find that, while it is the most overall visually pleasing interface (many of the alternatives have a tacky feel to their elements), the process of moving through the properties is, at best, tedious. I, personally, would rather move room to room, in one click, not "jump through hoops" to get there, and then view that room's features in high resolution (as you do with the Xphase).

As a bonus, your purchase price is in the $1000 range, versus several times that. Good luck to you!
Could you share a tour completed with Xphase? Thanks!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bentonville, Arkansas
I would love to see a finished iGuide tour as well. Does anybody but Manerport offer the dollhouse view yet?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
iGuide Tour courtesy of @Chris_iGuide

@kwreece

These virtual tour platforms offer a Dollhouse View:

Asteroom
EyeSpy360
GeoCV
Metareal Stage
✓ There are likely others among the 150+ virtual tour platforms/software

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
CuttingEdge private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a better example of an iGuide tour...

https://youriguide.com/1305_frying_pan_rd_basalt_co

@kwreece
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bentonville, Arkansas
Thank you both. Seems like the walk throughs are not quite as smooth and the resolution is not as high as the examples I have seen with Materport. Is that you're experience as users? It seems like with a sensor that size the quality should be great. Smoothness of the walk through experience is all software, so I am assuming it will improve with time.

Love the opinion of those who have used both.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!!

Ken
Post 12 IP   flag post
Metareal
Representative
Montreal, Canada
ysabelc private msg quote post Address this user
@kwreece Metareal tours are pretty high quality too. They're 3D virtual tours, with 3D model & floorplan included.

You can also check out this comparison article on what's the same & what's different between Metareal & Matterport: https://medium.com/3d-virtual-tour-techniques/matterport-vs-metareal-stage-47af29ad4221
Post 13 IP   flag post
101628 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?