Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
StagingVideoVirtual Staging

Video: (Traditional) Staging of a Home for Sale12635

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Real Estate Matters: Home Staging | Video courtesy of Brett Furman Group - Re/Max Classic YouTube Channel | 27 July 2020

Hi All,

"2021 is the year of virtual staging." - We Get Around Network Founder Dan Smigrod

So, invest some time understanding how tradition staging of homes for sale is done by a professional stagger (in this video) to:

reduce days on market
✓ increase number of offers
increase the size of offers
✓ create "first impressions" (front of house-inside house-backyard)
✓ Return on Investment Index for specific improvements

The traditional stager may be your competition for:

✓ virtual staging of 2D images
✓ virtual staging of 360 tours
✓ virtual staging of 3D tours

What are your thoughts on staging versus virtual staging?

Best,

Dan

----

Wayne, PA-based Darla DeMorrow, a certified professional organizer (CPO®) with Heart Work Organizing | www.HeartWorkOrg.com
Post 1 IP   flag post
New Interior
Solutions
Bellevue, Washington
ftosolini private msg quote post Address this user
As a former traditional stager with 13 year of experience and as a current virtual stager (meaning that I now provide virtual staging of 2D and 360 images), I always recommend traditional staging as a first option if the time/budget allows it. I know this is kind of shooting myself in the foot by endorsing the competition, but honesty and transparency comes before money for me. And this is my honest answer to your question because I have seen and worked on both sides.

However, I also want to say that virtual staging is a fantastic alternative to traditional staging because:

1. It is much, much less expensive (we are talking about ~$500 vs ~$5000 for the same property)

2. It is faster. It takes about 5-10 days to prepare for a traditional staging. I know people think you can call today and have it done by tomorrow, but it is not like that. I had a client once who called me in the morning to stage her house in the afternoon. That is when I realized that people underestimate the amount of work involved. To give you some perspective, every staging is like a mini move. Seeing the property, taking the photos, selecting the items, packing, hauling, etc. takes a lot of time. You can do a virtual staging in 1-2 days (depending on the number of photos, of course).

3. You can offer multiple options and multiple styles for the same room. This is particularly helpful for complicated layout or flexi-rooms.

4. It gives the realtor a good card to play when the seller doesn't want to invest the money in traditional staging. Virtually staged photos are better than photos showing empty rooms. It is an affordable investment not only for the seller but also for the realtor.

5. It can be integrated with traditional staging. In 13 years I have never staged a whole house (unless it was a one bedroom condo). Usually only the main rooms are traditionally staged. So a good marketing solution for the realtor could be to traditionally stage the main rooms and virtually stage the secondary rooms.

6. Combined with virtual tours, it makes the agent look sophisticated and up to date with the latest technology.

The list could go on and on.

Also, if you combine virtual staging with virtual remodeling, you grab the attention of the buyers as well. I had some realtors that hired me to render outdated kitchens or unfinished attics for which they also provided a rough estimate of remodeling cost. This is a smart marketing strategy. Here's an example:

And this is the virtual staging of one of my latest projects. In this case, my experience as traditional stager helped a lot because I noticed that this room didn't have any light fixture on the ceiling. That is why I added three lamps in opposite corners of the room to make it more realistic also in terms of functionality.

I always carefully analyze the images I receive and ask questions about the property. I never place the furniture and the accessories just to make an image look nicer.

Now, the only caveat about virtual staging is that the realtor has to be extra careful about disclosing that these are visual representations and that the property is actually vacant. I always recommend to watermark the images with this sort of information because usually people don't read it if it is in the description only.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101636 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?