Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture Beta 4.0.3Insta360 One RVersus

Does Matterport (unofficially) Support Insta360 One R 360 camera?12609

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: Matterport Website

Hi All,

Have you successfully tested shooting a Matterport tour with an Insta360 One R?

While the Insta360 One R does not show up on the Matterport list of approved 360 cameras (above) as of today (27 July 2020), I could imagine that the Insta360 One R does work with Matterport.

I would to know!

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
RichardStanton private msg quote post Address this user
I have both the OneX and the OneR and I can confirm that the OneR connects to the capture app, and is appropriately identified as the OneR rather than a mimicking X. I am going to assume based on the fact that it connected and was ready and waiting to scan that it's not only compatible but on some level supported within their code. This is with the Insta360 One R Split-Mod (the bifurcated lens version which we use in the Aerial rig they have for drone-less video recording)

I will test it tonight or tomorrow and confirm or deny my assumption in an update.
Post 2 IP   flag post
RichardStanton private msg quote post Address this user
Very interesting - just a short update first. We were correct in assuming that the One R will in fact work with Capture, however "work" can be rather subjective. The R is definitely recognized immediately and actively pulled into Capture if there is an active WiFi peer connection enabled. The first scan even went swimmingly... and then the cookie crumbled. Just to get two consecutive and aligned scans I had to deal with 2 cases of unresponsive behavior, 4 app hard crashes, and a sprinkling of completed scans but very odd point cloud and mesh generation. This all reminded me of how some of these hardware companies work - DJI is very similar in that for whatever reason each product, whether an iterative release on the general hardware platform, or something completely new, are sometimes produced as if they were a standalone product and not a sibling. The most pronounced manifestation of this is the fact that there is not a single controller app between the OneX and the R. Similarly DJI now has at least 4 different versions of their flight controller app, which they just iterated again with the Air 2.

Based on what I just experienced I would definitely urge caution to anyone considering the purchase of a One R for the purpose of Matterport tour work. Since I am a total nerd, however, I am going to continue to play with it, and see just how broken it is. I will process a few scans between the R and X and post them once I have for anyone interested.

Thanks Dan for asking the question, it reminded me that I had on several occasions seen mine connected to my Capture it unintentionally, and I wanted to test it out.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Insta360 ONE R camera | Insta360 ONE R Virtual Tour Kit

---

Hi All,

Inman (9 September 2020) Insta360's ONE R camera line to power Matterport tours

"In an ongoing effort to open up its technology, Matterport's Capture app will now work with 3D camera maker Insta360's new ONE R line of devices," reports Inman.

"Popular camera manufacturer Insta360 and 3D media services provider Matterport have partnered to allow users of the ONE R camera to create immersive, 3D home tours, according to a press release," reports Inman.

"The partnership is currently being tested in Matterport’s Beta project, where users can find out about lingering use issues, success cases and updates on formal product partnership launches," reports Inman.

"The official launch of the Insta360 ONE R and Matterport union is aimed for October [2020]. The camera will connect to Matterport Capture via Apple’s iOS mobile platform. The companies are offering discounts on a camera package and two-month free app trial," reports Inman.

---

Got a Matterport tour shot with an Insta360 One R? Please post here or start a new WGAN Forum discussion.

Best,

Dan

P.S. ...

Inside Imaging (4 September 2020) Insta360 now integrates with Matterport

Engadget (6 September 2020) 360-degree virtual tours are easier to make with Insta360 and Matterport

Best,

Dan
---

I encourage you to subscribe to Inman to read articles like this.

Free 90 day trial of Inman with this WGAN Affiliate Code
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Shop Talk 6: Expanding Camera Lineup, Android Support, New Betas, How to Back Up & Restore Models | Video courtesy of Matterport | 2 September 2020

Screen Grab from Matterport video above

Hi All,

This Matterport Webinar (above | 2 September 2020) includes how to join the Matterport iOS Capture Beta (4.0.3 Beta) that supports Insta360 ONE R.

See matterport.com/beta for more info and how to join this Matterport best testing.

If you are testing Matterport Capture with the Insta360 ONE R, please start a new WGAN Forum discussion and share your experience and an example Matterport model.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport Digital Twin shot with an Insta360 ONE R by Joseph Kim

Video: 360 Camera (Insta360 One R) & Android Phone & Matterport for Easy 3D Site Scan & Survey | Video courtesy of Joseph Kim YouTube Channel | 10 July 2020

Hi All,

Matterport Blog (3 September 2020) It’s Official. Compatibility for Insta360 ONE R is Coming. (Download the beta for both iOS and Android devices.)

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Free Matterport Webinar 11 am Wednesday, 11 November 2020 (Register Now)

Matterport ShopTalk #11 - November 11, 2020

Let’s talk about the Insta360 ONE R. Join [Matterport Marketing Content Manager] Amir Frank as he hosts Kirk Stromberg, Senior Director of Product Management, and Nicole Rogers, Director of Product Marketing, to talk about the long-awaited iOS compatibility with the Insta360 ONE R. We will be joined by Insta360 who will showcase what’s possible with the Insta360 ONE R and announce a special promotion.

Source: Matterport

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?