Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSV

Google Blue Line Created by Google Car to Google Business Virtual Tour12606

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
BTW, a lot of GSV newbies ask if you can jump from a Google Blue line created by a google car to a business tour nearby. It used to be that way a few years back, then it stopped working that way.

Now it seems to be back. You can step from my business tour pano on a street to a Google Blue line, rotate a pano 180 degree to face the entrance with the sign 144 adelaide street and point to that entrance with an arrow until you see it aiming away from the street. If you click you will get back to the business tour.

You'll need to do it though on Google Maps. It does not work that way in the embed post on the [WGAN] forum.

---

Hi @Wingman,

Thanks for sharing this good news about going from a Google Blue Line created by Google Car to a Google Business Virtual Tour created by you!

The Google short URL to the Google Street View blue line example?

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSCrowder
I'm checking to see if anyone has created any 360 tours for the purpose of wayfinding.

I have done two GSV tours this month exactly for this purpose. One is actually almost redundant for this purpose as they have a shop on a ground floor with an entrance from a street. However their second shop is in CBD on a 3rd level and people need to walk from a street, through a hall pass many shops, get to a lift and to the level 3 and then walk through another hall to their shop door.

That one was a bit hard to implement and I tried a few ways. Nobody wanted to send customers walking through steps three levels. I have captured this way just in case but I have found a way to do it through the lift.

Here it is

If you look at the google elevator tool it only shows Ground level and Level 3.

It is a bit tricky to get back from the shop to the street as the arrow is pointing away from the lift on the Level 3. However the idea and the main purpose of this tour is getting people into the shop from the street, not the other way around.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
I tried it on few models and i still can' t have the service (entrance from the street blue line) work over here (Paris)
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @RomainReparage
I tried it on few models and i still can' t have the service (entrance from the street blue line) work over here (Paris)

Ugh!

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @DanSmigrod,

In the beginning of the Street View Trusted project (named Business View) we could connect the google street point on the blue line on the old Google Editor with our first point of the business. This first pano was called: Storefront. We used to do it manually.

As you can see on this screenshot of the old Street View Editor, the yellow dots are the blue lines of the Street View car, and the red dots are the panos I shot. We could connect one of our panos with only one pano of the street view car.

With the end of the Google Editor we cannot connect it manually anymore. But Google tries to connect it automatically with it's AI system. It's this way since the end of the Google Editor.

I try to shoot one pano on the Street near the pano of the car on the Street View to make it works.

The problem is that sometimes this connection works. Others do not. And sometimes it works and then it stops working. And sometimes it was not working and then it begins to work.

So this is a benefit that we cannot promise our customers because we never know when it will work.

This is a FAQ of my clients. So I tell then not to expect it, because otherwise they can come and charge you about it, and there is nothing else you can do.

Jefferson Takeda
IMG360.com.br
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @TakedaSan
So this is a benefit that we cannot promise our customers because we never know when it will work.

@TakedaSan

This is a FAQ of my clients. So I tell then not to expect it, because otherwise they can come and charge you about it, and there is nothing else you can do.

Thank you for the detailed backstory and image. Most helpful.

Seems like such a great way for Google to add value to their platform. Hopefully, there will be a solution so that linking the two can be guaranteed.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101421 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?