Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaEverPanoKRPanoMetareal StageNewbiesPlatforms

the 'matterport' look12584

PaulM private msg quote post Address this user
I'm currently researching cameras and system for processing & delivery but while I've tested a few and almost settled on 3dVista I cant seem to create a similar look to matterport.

The Matterport tours create a realistic 3d 'glidethrough' that others don't seem to be able to repeat. Sure I can zoom/fade from one panorama to another but it's not quite the same - matterort seem to construct a 3d pass through multiple images to create that 'look'

Am I seeing things? is it possible to replicate with other systems?
Post 1 IP   flag post
ahagert private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM
I'm currently researching cameras and system for processing & delivery but while I've tested a few and almost settled on 3dVista I cant seem to create a similar look to matterport.

The Matterport tours create a realistic 3d 'glidethrough' that others don't seem to be able to repeat. Sure I can zoom/fade from one panorama to another but it's not quite the same - matterort seem to construct a 3d pass through multiple images to create that 'look'

Great question! I have been researching this same issue as well.
Post 2 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Nope. Matterport is what all other platforms aspire to.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Lizzg private msg quote post Address this user
Cupid has a nice transition, check it out.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzg
Cupid has a nice transition, check it out.
you mean Cupix? I don't want nuthin to do with Cupid, I'm too old for that [redacted]
Post 5 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Lizzg private msg quote post Address this user
Stupid spell check! Yes, Cupix.🤣
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had a look a Cupix - the transitions are okay but they don't do what Mattaport does - I don't want to use matterport, don't like their pricing or business model but surely there's a way to come close to the same look as matterport?

Is it taking panoramas every 2 meters? there must be a way to approximate the 3d walkthrough look
Post 7 IP   flag post
Marshallartsmedia private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport uses entirely different tech to standard 360 photography so it’s hard to get a direct comparison. Check out metareal though or search here for Gareth’s recent presentation, they have the closest option. 3DVista have depth mapping slated for the current quarter Q3/20 but I’ve not heard any more about when, and they have been silent when I have asked on the forums so I suspect it won’t be soon
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
J@PaulM have you looked into Metareal ? They have the "flow" down pretty well.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETMYVR
J@PaulM have you looked into Metareal ? They have the "flow" down pretty well.

Very interesting!! The flow is really good and the 3d model is there as well - most impressed - the image quality is not great but that may well be my internet connection
Post 10 IP   flag post
4DTours private msg quote post Address this user
Krpano/Everpano use 3D depthmaps and the transitions looks pretty good here is an example

krpano

Even more impressive with this one, there are no transitions as you can just freely walk around

Little Temple

I have no idea how easy it is to create these as I have never used krpano/Everpano
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM

On the WGAN List of 150+ 3D/360 Virtual Tour Platforms/Software, 15 have the "walk around" experience including/like Matterport.

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
101432 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?