Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaPano2VR

3DVista update! (cuts in HALF the time it takes to set hotspots)12583

WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I added the "!" because this update, added a couple days ago and which I just discovered, cuts in HALF the time it takes to set hotspots. Read about it in the 3DVista blog:

clickable text

It's written up as #3 Quick Actions.

The complexity of 3DVista is both its power and it's challenge. There are so many choices available to a 360° tour creator that, simply by definition, programming takes a touch longer.

In simple 360 tour apps when you set a hotspot, you just set a hotspot. In 3DVista when you set a hotspot you have literally hundreds of icon options, so you have to both choose the icon and set the hotspot. Two steps instead of one. This is just one simple example of how 3DVista differs (dramatically) from other platforms.

The multiple steps required in setting hotspots due to the powerful options has, just this week, been streamlined with this new development. Now setting a hotspot is about as fast as those simple 360 tour apps despite the fact that you still have way more options to choose from.

It's hard to explain this in detail, so maybe take my word for it.

3DVista is not for the crowd that's happy with a quick and simple photo app. It's for those who value Photoshop's depth, Lightroom's power, Premiere's professional perfection and After Effect's amazing creativity. It's for those who want to go farther and set themselves apart from 95% of tour creators - and are prepared to spend hours acquiring the skill to excel using it. You WON'T learn this application overnight. But once you do learn it (and I'm only an "intermediate" thus far) you can do things that others cannot.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
3DVista has always been on my radar. When I first started looking at 360 I was finding a lot more info on Pano2vr, so I went with their lite package. It’s a very good program. I can’t (yet) justify the $500 US to make that jump, especially since I recently invested in the Matterport Universe.

When people are researching I say that Matterport is a business tool. 3DVista is for making art. And that’s not a snarky comment. I realize 3DVista is very much a useable business tool, and the beauty one can create because of DSLR integration far exceeds anything Matterport can do. Matterport is fast, requires little editing. When 3DVista incorporates 3D mesh tech (there are rumors), that will be a game changer.

I love Matterport. 3DVista may end up being my mistress.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Marshallartsmedia private msg quote post Address this user
It’s a great update and big time saver.

I think people can be fooled by how quickly a basic tour can be set up in 3DV and look 60% of the way there with little effort. Getting to 75 or 80% or wherever I am now has taken me months and really i feel like a novice when I look at how others are using code and integrating with various media.

Matterport is fast and it does the matterport thing that every other matterport does. If it’s fast turn around of a physical space you need then MP is the way to go. If it’s control you need then it’s 3DV all the way but be prepared to learn the software and it’s intricacies and pitfalls, of which there many...

I make mostly 12k 3d renders so matterport is not an option for me but if I’m capturing a physical space I can put the matterport tour inside a 3dV skin and get the best of both worlds...

Whenever 3dv gets their depth mapping sorted in this current quarter (according to the roadmap) I don’t think there will be another solution to touch it for flexibility for anyone willing to put the work in to learn how to polish it.

P
Post 3 IP   flag post
filinto private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
I added the "!" because this update, added a couple days ago and which I just discovered, cuts in HALF the time it takes to set hotspots. Read about it in the 3DVista blog:

clickable text

It's written up as #3 Quick Actions.

The complexity of 3DVista is both its power and it's challenge. There are so many choices available to a 360° tour creator that, simply by definition, programming takes a touch longer.

In simple 360 tour apps when you set a hotspot, you just set a hotspot. In 3DVista when you set a hotspot you have literally hundreds of icon options, so you have to both choose the icon and set the hotspot. Two steps instead of one. This is just one simple example of how 3DVista differs (dramatically) from other platforms.

The multiple steps required in setting hotspots due to the powerful options has, just this week, been streamlined with this new development. Now setting a hotspot is about as fast as those simple 360 tour apps despite the fact that you still have way more options to choose from.

It's hard to explain this in detail, so maybe take my word for it.

3DVista is not for the crowd that's happy with a quick and simple photo app. It's for those who value Photoshop's depth, Lightroom's power, Premiere's professional perfection and After Effect's amazing creativity. It's for those who want to go farther and set themselves apart from 95% of tour creators - and are prepared to spend hours acquiring the skill to excel using it. You WON'T learn this application overnight. But once you do learn it (and I'm only an "intermediate" thus far) you can do things that others cannot.

Kevin, I am a new user of 3D Vista (1 week) due to your great presentation with Dan. I am just struggling with my tour... is there a way to start the tour with a still image (like google maps) and set hotspots on it?
Post 4 IP   flag post
101436 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?