Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceATGAugmented RealityGoogle Street ViewGSVMarketingMPEMBEDPTCStrategyWayfinding

Wayfinding Strategies12578

WGAN Premium
Indianapolis, Indiana
MattSCrowder private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone.

I'm checking to see if anyone has created any 360 tours for the purpose of wayfinding.

I just scanned a hospital and they want to use it to help people find their way around - especially since they just added a $47MM expansion.

One thought I had was to have posters on the wall with QR codes. Using deep links, it could show them exactly where they are within the digital twin. Then maybe using MP/embed to label the different areas.

Anyone else got any good ideas?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
You may use ATG from PTC, it is an AR experience based on Matterport showcase.

The ATG will change your MatterPak to be a recognizable target. So that you use your phone's camera to look around in the building, some virtual items can showup by AR that maybe a path to the destination.
https://blogs.unity3d.com/ru/2020/04/21/augment-your-spaces-with-vuforia-engine/
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSCrowder
I'm checking to see if anyone has created any 360 tours for the purpose of wayfinding.

I have done two GSV tours this month exactly for this purpose. One is actually almost redundant for this purpose as they have a shop on a ground floor with an entrance from a street. However their second shop is in CBD on a 3rd level and people need to walk from a street, through a hall pass many shops, get to a lift and to the level 3 and then walk through another hall to their shop door.

That one was a bit hard to implement and I tried a few ways. Nobody wanted to send customers walking through steps three levels. I have captured this way just in case but I have found a way to do it through the lift.

Here it is

If you look at the google elevator tool it only shows Ground level and Level 3.

It is a bit tricky to get back from the shop to the street as the arrow is pointing away from the lift on the Level 3. However the idea and the main purpose of this tour is getting people into the shop from the street, not the other way around.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
BTW, a lot of GSV newbies ask if you can jump from a Google Blue line created by a google car to a business tour nearby. It used to be that way a few years back, then it stopped working that way.

Now it seems to be back. You can step from my business tour pano on a street to a Google Blue line, rotate a pano 180 degree to face the entrance with the sign 144 adelaide street and point to that entrance with an arrow until you see it aiming away from the street. If you click you will get back to the business tour.

You'll need to do it though on Google Maps. It does not work that way in the embed post on the forum.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Premium
Indianapolis, Indiana
MattSCrowder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
You may use ATG from PTC,

I love what you can do with that, and it would be perfect for what I want to do, however the pricetag for the software is 23k - a bit out of my price range.
Post 5 IP   flag post
4DTours private msg quote post Address this user
CAPTUR3D are working on an AR Digital Twin of your matterport tour which looks like it will enable wayfinding. It isn't released yet but it does look very interesting more info here

https://captur3d.io/digital-twins
Post 6 IP   flag post
101429 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?