Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GeoCVRDSketchUpTosolini ProductionsTwinmotionUnity3DUnreal Engine

[R&D] Architectural visualization meets immersive tours and virtual staging12534

Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user

In this prototype, we are mixing a computer graphic representation of a building with a virtually staged 3D tour of a real apartment.

The following technologies were used:
- SketchUp model
- Twinmotion - Unreal Engine (rendering)
- GeoCV (virtual tour)

Credits:
- Doug-Duggio P. (SketchUp model on 3D Warehouse)
- María Sánchez Isaza (Twinmotion and video production)
- Francesca Ostrouska Tosolini (vitual staging - http://newinteriorsolutions.com)
- Paolo Tosolini (3D virtual tour)
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini

The maestro of visual storytelling mash-ups has done it again!

I always look forward to your mash-ups and always what you/your team have accomplished.

Innovation occurs when technology designed for one use in used in a different or unexpected way that originally intended. You/your team are the Christos of innovation meets visual storytelling tech.

I particularly the addition of the before/after and after/before virtual staging by THE magnifico Francesca Ostrouska Tosolini.

Please do remember us when you are rich and famous as Christo for your visual storytelling mashups.

And, as aways, thank you for sharing your creations with the WGAN Community.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@dansmigrod you are too kind :-) Thanks for the positive feedback. As we learn new tools and come up with new ideas, we love to combine them together in original ways.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
New York City
Jonathan_Klein private msg quote post Address this user
@tosolini is a rockstar!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
Crazy cool!!!!!! Amazing!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
That's cool. Imagine having a palate of furnishing options menu hovering below reflecting a variety of styles, Now we're into something to spice up virtual tours of empty spaces.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@Jonathan_Klein and @skeeter, thanks!
@getmyvr something like this?

Post 7 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Grande Paolo! You're a guru!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Marshallartsmedia private msg quote post Address this user
Hi paolo, is that virtual staging of a house you have designed and built, like in an architectural practice or something from the warehouse?

I’m using the same technologies for my virtual gallery tours. Twinmotion is buggy but amazing for visuals and ease of use but there’s no interactivity in the presenter yet apart from Weather/seasons and moving around, no tags or tabs, pop ups or links, so until the bridge to UE4 or the new UE5 come out I am doing the same as you.

Export video (8k 360, 3d, 3d360 or standard) and use as intro to a bespoke tour, in 3Dvista in my case.

I use 12k renders for that and it’s hard now to go back to tours using my wee 5.7k insta, such poor quality. Sketchup and vray have much better image quality Than twinmotion but the render times kill me... I’m finishing up a gallery tour using all of this now, I’ll post here later.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@marshallartsmedia glad to hear you have been using these tools successfully. This is our first experiment and we found the SketchUp model on 3D warehouse. We don’t have an architectural background, but we like to mash-up technologies and share the results with the world.
That said, my wife does virtual staging professionally (http://newinteriorsolutions.com), so this demo is part of our R&D. Looking forward to see your Twinmotion animation.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Marshallartsmedia private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Paolo,

The tour is with the client for final approval at the minute but this is an early link https://www.virtualarts.media/exhibitions/objetstrouve/

The short twinmotion video is to be used for promotion on social media, leading back to the main tour where a visitor can browse and, importantly to the client, buy work via artsy.

You can see the video in the tour on the play icon below the text panel in gallery 1.

My personal practice is based around building precise digital 100% scale models of actual galleries. Here the front 22x15 gallery is a model of an actual space but without the clutter, the door at the rear actually leads to a toilet and store but here it is a portal to a virtual space that multiplies her gallery selling space by something like 300% and provides a quality art experience, especially in VR. The gallery's new footprint also happens to spell out OK (gallery is in Oklahoma) which was an added bonus - you can see the mad exposure changes worst in the opening fly over aimation - there's no off button for that auto exposure, can you believe that?

The tour was made in 3D Vista, from a bespoke sketchup model, Panoramas are 12k x 6k rendered through Vray. 19 panoramas, all raytracing stucco, 65 hrs batch render on a pretty fast PC built 6 weeks ago.

Twinmotion has the visuals instantly and updates in real time from sketchup. It takes about a 45 minute export into a presenter executable file, it has super visuals, incredible movement but has zero interactive capacity except for changing the weather or time of day. it doesn't handle all image types well and I have had two models fail and become unrecoverable. There is no online way to view a model. All will change with a bridge to unreal engine or decent specific updates to TM, but when that might happen is anyone's guess

Anyway I'm always interested to see what others are doing with technology-based imagery or with these specific tools we talk about here.

P
Post 11 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@Marshallartsmedia nice job with this project, it seems it required a lot of detail work. Well done!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Tripp private msg quote post Address this user
@marshallartsmedia Great gallery tour and love the high quality resolution on all the art and the very polished look of the entire tour. Brilliant!
Post 13 IP   flag post
101631 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?