Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PSAScam

A little bit of a PSA this morning.12531

WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
A little bit of a PSA this morning.

Be weary of jobs that sound too good to be true. I know there are a lot of folks looking for some extra income right now. However, this particular scammer I had to ask several times for where the property or job was located. The person finally broke down and gave me an address which just happens to be an ACTIVE vacant land listing listed for $175,000 with no mention of construction being sold "As is" just dirt.

I talked with the agent and "Go Figure" they had never heard of Chris. Though, the listing agent thanked me and may have a job for me later this week.

If I had more time I might play with this guy for a bit as now he is offering to pay me $1,000 a day for the month. But, I just do not have the time.

In my Real Estate office days I use to screen these types of emails for agents w/rich uncles they had never heard of passing away and leaving them large sums of money.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
If you read that outloud it's pretty obviously a scam....
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@briangreul

Agreed, I am typically skimming these emails on my phone between jobs. I did however pickup a client by reaching out to the listing agent when notifying them there listing was being used for this scam
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch

WOW!

Thanks for sharing.

I get emails like this every so often. I just ignore them. I don't typically share them, in case I am wrong about it being a scam.

Since the We Get Around Network does get many requests for referring a Matterport Service Provider, usually, it is relatively easy to spot real versus scam versus a potential MSP trying to see what a competitor charges. We're pretty good at pre-screening for that too.

Typically, for scammers, we noticed:

1. No website
2. No linkedIn
3. Non-business website
4. Leave out any form of contact info, except email
5. Ask about paying (usually too soon)
6. Looks like it was sent to any/everyone
7. Lack of details on the first email

Hi All,

What else tells you scam alert when you receive emails?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

The verbiage is off if you actually slowdown and read it. Also, for a job he wanted me to oversee it was a struggle to get a property address. Once, I finally got an address it was easy to see this was an active listing with no construction happening. Then I reached out to the listing agent to make them aware of someone trying to use their listing for this scam
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, thanks for sharing.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101640 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?