Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Blur ToolCupixeBlastsNewsVersus

Upcoming changes to Matterport face blurring (21 July 2020)12519

Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
No you have to turn it on and agree to the terms before you risk using it

We just tell People to Remove any personal
Pictures rather than relying on face blurring

See below email from Matterport
You are receiving this communication as a customer who has currently enabled face blurring in your Matterport space(s). We’re always on the lookout to improve our products and have decided to re-evaluate our approach to face blurring technology due to a recent instance where the technology failed to perform to our standards. While we are working on a longer term improvement, we have decided to take immediate action by changing how face blurring functionality is presented in the Matterport Capture App.

Starting Tuesday, July 21st, we will remove the face blurring feature from the Capture App to ensure that it is only used as an opt-in by customers aware of its capabilities and limitations. In order to add it back, you will need to go to your Matterport Cloud account settings under Manage > Product Settings and enable Automatic Face Blurring. After this step, the face blurring feature will be added back in the Capture App. Please note that you will only need to change this setting once in your product settings, and it will remain toggled for all future scans (see below screenshot for reference).
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab of Matterport eBlast received 16 July 2020
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@3dshowcaseuk

Thank you for being the first to post this Matterport news to the WGAN Forum.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
It sounds like this is going to be the same mediocre face blurring in effect today. I will opt to leave it off as it is mediocre at best as to what it does or does not blur.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: How to edit panos(Color Adjustment, Blur) | Video courtesy of CUPIX YouTube Channel [For CUPIX interactive Blur feature, see 34 seconds into this video.]

Hi All,

Seems like Matterport should study the Cupix implementation of face blur in Workshop (post production) rather than in Capture. Cupix gives you complete control over blurring (size and location).

Here is a WGAN Forum discussion on this topic from two years ago:

Matterport Face Blurring (Beta) versus CUPIX Blurring: Which do you prefer?

From this discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod
@Bernardhhi

Yes. In Matterport Workshop: not in Matterport Capture App. Seems like if you asked any Matterport Service Provider about a wish list for face blurring, it would have been the CUPIX list of blurring features: not Matterport.

If I was Matterport product development, I would look at how CUPIX implemented this feature and do the same. I'm not sure even how collectively, we could make the CUPIX implementation better.

#scratchingmyhead

Dan

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Matterport should add a CUPIX or Google street view app esk ability to add blur's wether its a person, document or car license plate their are so, many things a person may want blur in a tour
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@lilnitsch

Yup! As I wrote two years ago (in that post above):

#scratchingmyhead

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
If we can have Mattertags I don't see why we can't have "blur tags". It seems to me that there should be an option from each scan point to add a blur spot that could be re-sized large or small. Even if it's only fixed to that one scan point and I have to re-do the work from every scan point that can see the space, that would be a workable solution for me.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Queen_City_3D

I added your suggestion to the WGAN Forum discussion:

"Wish List" for Matterport Workshop

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?