Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360CamerasOutdoorsRicoh Theta Z1ScanningVersus

Ricoh Theta Z1 versus Matterport Pro2 3D Camera for Outdoor scans?12482

Paulo private msg quote post Address this user
Is it worth to buy a 360 Cam like the Theta Z1 for outdoor scanning?

With which 360 1-click camera you get the best result outdoors, in terms of image quality and the 3D dollhouse accuracy?

Concerning the conversion of a 360photo into 3D by using Cortex, will be the result of a 360° image taken with Theta Z1 the same as a 360° image taken with Pro2 and then converted to 3d?

What has been your experience? I really appreciate your advices!

Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Do not buy it just for it. A Z1 has almost 5 times less resolution than a Pro2 and I believe Cortex is a pixel based conversion. So the more pixels you have the more mesh will be generated.

I do not remember exact numbers but when I tired my Z1 a distance between each scan point outside should not be longer than 1.5-2m. As I can recall even that small distance can give "No alignment" message while with a Pro2 you are most likely not to see that message at such a distance and can even try to make it longer than that.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Paulo private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Thanks for the info!

Do you experience less or more stitching errors (kind of 'morphs') with the Z1 rather than with the Pro2? With the Pro2 I get quite a lot stitching issues in small/tight areas like in a camper van.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I cannot comment on using a Z1 with Matterport. I have just never seen any reason to do it since I have a Pro2.

As for using it to capture a 360 I believe the further you are from objects the more chance you have to make a 360 without any stitching errors. It is better to stay at least 50cm away from any object and that distance applies to a Pro2 as well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101587 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?