Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360360 ViewsGoogle Street ViewGSV

Walk-through of garden/Park then upload to Google12395

Standard
Sarasota, Florida
BlueImmersiveMedia private msg quote post Address this user
I have a service request for a walk-through of a garden/park area, then update to GSV. I would be interested in using my Z1 or Insta360. Does anyone have any experience with this? What software would you recommend?

M
Post 1 IP   flag post
CrazeVR private msg quote post Address this user
3dvista I just did an entire town and added it to google streetview as well yes expensive but wow easy to use for google streetview.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ahagert private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeVR
3dvista I just did an entire town and added it to google streetview as well yes expensive but wow easy to use for google streetview.
Can you share the end result?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Custom tour

https://www.crazevrtours.com/SaintJosephDowntown/index.htm

Google street from that tour

@42.1079761,-86.4847144,3a,75y,26.47h,60.59t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAF1QipM5mLy4Cqnx1zXgAWoGTYjDs3jf1DBNQ8pVVZdw!2e10!7i3872!8i1936" target="_blank">https://www.google.com/maps/@42.1079761,-86.4847144,3a,75y,26.47h,60.59t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAF1QipM5mLy4Cqnx1zXgAWoGTYjDs3jf1DBNQ8pVVZdw!2e10!7i3872!8i1936

hope you enjoy
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@CrazeVR

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/6288/page/1/how-to-find-google-street-view-short-code/

If you tell me your code, I will swap it into your post above.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Could not convert link
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueImmersiveMedia
Insta360
Dopr a Z1 unless you are going to use it with a Street View app. If you use it with their Theta app it will screw each panorama location data in your panos by 50-100 metes and even more. That's why I got rid of all Thetas cameras I owned.

Insta360 OneX can do both a blue line and panos under their app. If the park has a path marked on Google Maps use it in Video GSV mode and record it as a video with something like 7fps frame rate. Heep frame rate as low as possible as it will make smaller video files. Even 3fps will do.

Once it is recorded you can submit it from the Insta app as a blue line. So the only thing you need to do the whole job is a camera, a smartphone with insta app running in a special mode. No any extra software required.

If the path is longer than 5 minutes walk then stop recording after 5 minutes, step back a few steps and start recording again.

Do not do long recording as if something goes wrong and you will lose GPS signal on your smartphone you will loose location data in video frames and you will have to do the whole path again. With small 5 minutes recordings you will only need to redo a smaller video where location data is lost.

And the one below is super important if you want to have location data in every frame. Keep your phone as far away from you as possible. That's where location data is coming from. If you try to hide it from a camera view you are most likely to block a GPS receiver in your phone to get a good fix on satellites. No fix = no location data and no location data in frames and Google will reject it for processing.

I will try to find a video how to do a blue line with Insta360 OneX and post here a link to it. It is not as hard as you'd think.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
If you have an access to local guides boards and their private section for Google Street View trusted there is a post there about how to do a blue line with Insta360 One X.

Here is a link to it https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Insta360-One-X-Street-View-video-mode-How-to-for-new-users/td-p/1217041

The same guy who created it has a youtube video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv34KYVzBtE&feature=emb_logo with his comments. But I do not believe he tells how to set it up and do in the video, he explains it in his post at the local guides boards.

However I believe he or somebody else has a youtube video where they actually walk through all steps in the Insta app and how it all works.

And in addition to my first post here. If there is n path marked in Google path I honestly do not know what will happen if you submit a blue line for it. I wanted to try it for a long time just to get an idea whether the line will be processed and will appear on Google Maps or because there is no path to stick it to it is going to be rejected.

I did this one with my Pilot Era and it worked
https://goo.gl/maps/H9DXyJLYzFEvoCoK9

However I cannot say if it was marked as a path on Google maps before I did it or I created it as a path.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Standard
Sarasota, Florida
BlueImmersiveMedia private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman This is great info thanks for sharing.

It looks like google allowed the GSV you shot to be connected to the true GSV in the street. Is that so?

If I use the Insta360 to map out a park and upload to the Google MyBus account for the park, will google allow the existing GSV in the street to navigate to the new GSV I shot of the park? Seamless? (Im so excited if this is true!)
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
It is one way only. You can go from yours to Google's one but it seems there is no way to go in an opposite direction.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
actually I have just tried and I could jump back. However it was just a tiny point when an arrow appeared to be pointed towards my blue line for a path. Maybe you can try to see if it works from this point https://goo.gl/maps/pHG1zpvqBXyVUPD68

Click on a road with Google Blue line in front of you, then rotate a Google GSV pano from their blue line on the road 180 degree towards the path and see if you can find that tiny spot where a directional arrow will be pointed to my path. From that point it lets you to jump back to my path. The spot where it happens is on the path along the road and in front a pole with a blue sign sitting on top of it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101429 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?