Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentCOVID19Question of the DaySales

Question of the Day: Has COVID increased your Matterport 3D Tour Revenue?12393

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Wednesday, 1 July 2020:

Has COVID increased your Matterport 3D Tour Revenue?

This question was inspired by a WGAN Member that told me yesterday: "I've made more $$ with Matterport this year than ever due to COVID: twice as much as my real estate photography."

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
CrazeVR private msg quote post Address this user
Non Matterport user I have been selling tours starting at $300 for my first this year went to over 10k per tour. Last year could not get anyone to bite into virtual walkthroughs in this area
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bratislavska, Slovakia
JanHamorsky private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, it has! And there is still a high demand for virtual tours. It looks like it will stay that way. Hopefully

Best, Jan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Yes...My bookings have more than doubled since last year.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
nope not here
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@rzphotoman

That's great news. Any thoughts on why?

@Harrycayman

Ugh! Any thoughts on why not?

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan

Our borders are closed till sept 1 . mandatory 14 day quarantine in a govt facility. So no tourists at all. Hotels closed some doing staycations.
So cant film for real estate as much as they should and with Matterport more realty companies bringing in their own cameras.
vacation rentals on hold having to defer billing till new year to get some.

GSV works great for tourists but none here so getting restaurants to sign up a little slow.
Hoping to pick up in AEC if construction industry continues strong
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Harrycayman

Thanks for sharing. Wish it was better news.

Have you considered barter for some categories such as restaurants and hotels? That may make it easier to get to yes. If so, charge full rates/no discounts for barter.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@DanSmigrod Hey Dan, I think the main reason is because Glenn at Nail Soup Media keeps me #1 on Google. Now that realtors are in need of the new normal...3D Virtual Tours...and start doing searches, I'm who they find in our market. It pays to hold the #1 spot on searches now more than ever. Thanks Glenn!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I bet with a current demand if you are not on the first page of local Google search you will get nothing. So either get on the first page as high as you can so clients can find you or start calling, writing emails and do walk ins for real estate tours.

However even being on the first page on the first or the second position does not make my phone ringing a few times a day. It may ring a few times a week but it does not mean I get every job.

No surprise, because very few people are looking for a service to create a property tour. You can open a free Google Ads account and use their keyword planner for:

1)checking how many people are looking for just Matterport service or a Matterport 3D property tour(if you do Matterport) in you area. That will tell you what demand is. In Brisbane it is really low volume. The Last time I checked(during Covid-19 restrictions) demand was a bit better than before but it is still like no more than 10 searchase a day

2)If you use the planner you can use google suggestion for other keywords users using to find a tour provider. They are not always aware it is Matterport, it can be other keywords combination.

3)You can use Google analytics with Google Ads planer to see how your website has been found and what keywords have been used.

That's about property tours and it is not coming as a demand from agents. Big property developer are looking for a way to sell locally and to overseas investors.

I am not sure about GSV business tours though. I have done one big business tour during COVID-19 restrictions for maps but it has come from my friend who is working for a real estate developer(she asked to do her property tours too). However they are also an investment company so they have some l=kind of a lab where you can come and rent a workstation, conference room and even a meeting room.

And I am doing another one next week for one client with two shops. This went as a big hiccup at the beginning. They came to me asking for a tour before covid-19 but when I sent them an invoice specifying it is for Google business tour they said they just want still photos. I went and done them and then the client asked how he could view a 360 photo. I was in shock because I was even trying to convince them to do a tour and he did not want to budge for it and insisted on photos. Now we have figured out that he really needs a tour for his clients to find a way to their shops.

From another hand the restaurant I did a free trial for 30 days at the end of 2020 used it for like three months(Google did not work properly, then the owner went for vacation overseas without telling me). They collected about 10 000 extra views from it. When I came in March they were not allowed to serve customers inside and could only do takeaway. I did not even had a chance to tell the owner they got 10 000 views but I did not think it would change anything. He said he did not need a tour.

So I am done with any free trials and I am probably done with selling this tours to small places. The guy(owner) is like in his 30s if not younger, it looked very interested from the beginning to him and his partner but the result was awful. If a restaurant owner does not understand that any extra views and especially extra 10 000 views brings him more customers there is nothing you can do.

I would recommend to start talking to big chains and big places that care about growing or catching those who already want it and looking for it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Not at all. But we are also not really marketing it, besides what´s on the website. ROI is just too low compared to other activities.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Just hang in there, ask friends and relatives. My second client who came through my wife's contract with a government education provider ordered tours worth 2 times of my Pro2 camera cost. And that was more than a year ago.

Even during COVID-19 I could not get orders that big but some were close to the cost of a Pro2.
Going to do one of them this week-it includes only 5 apartment tours but plenty of photography services for other apartments and common areas. These I would not get at all if I weren't doing Matterport 3D tours. This client has tried me with one apartment tour, loved it and now wants more including photos.

They are not real estate agents though, they are a huge property developer building a huge apartment project in my CBD and selling it with their own sales team.
I tried to hit with a 3D tours offer the similar projects but with local REA selling their stock. These do not even care to reply. They have their contract signed by a property developer to sell their stock and that seems the only thing they care about.

It really becomes a recognised pattern for me in my area. If a developer using their own sales team they most likely want 3D Tours done. However if they let their stock to be sold by local REA agents representing it these agents want nothing to do with 3D Tours.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
To me its a simple formula.

1st, realize that the big market for home sales is millennials that are not wowed by slick brochures anymore. They need everything digital and 3D Tours with the video walkthrough is exactly what they want to see. If done right...It WOWs them!

2nd, create a few packages that realtors wish they could have, but can't afford, for a price they will jump at. For me, this is what my main package consists of...3D Tour with video walkthrough, aerial drone photos and HD photos pulled from the Matterport. Here's a sample of what I deliver to the client: clickable text

In my area, this package purchased separately from any other photographer in the area would be $600-$1000. I offer it for much less and I am doing on average 60 homes a month in the $200,000 to $400,000 price range. I don't go after hi end homes, but they are now finding me.

And that brings me to the 3rd step in the formula...figure out how to get to #1 on all google searches in your market area. Thanks to Glenn at Nail Soup Media, that has proven to be the biggest reason I am so busy. It makes my phone ring a few times a day and I book 95% of them.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@CrazeVR
@rzphotoman
@Harrycayman
@Wingman

Thanks for sharing ...

Hi All,

Has COVID increased your Matterport 3D Tour Revenue?

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Yes...2 fold at least so far.
Post 15 IP   flag post
homefinders3d private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman Your package includes a video walk-through. Is the video a screen recording of the MP generated walk-through or an actual video walk-through shot by you? Also can you give an idea of your package pricing? Even a PM would be appreciated, if you don't want to share publicly. I am considering a package that includes a drone shot, walk-through and 8 or 10 DSLR shots.

Thanks
Bill
Post 16 IP   flag post
101432 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?