Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Class Action LawsuitsLawsuitsNews

Matterport Service Partner Files Class Action Lawsuit Against Matterport12369

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab from the Matterport Service Partner Class Action Lawsuit agains Matterport

Matterport Service Provider Files Class Action Lawsuit Against Matterport

Hi All,

ClassAction.org (25 June 2020) Matterport Hit with Class Action Over Allegedly Fraudulent Claims for 3D Camera Sales Program

'"Matterport, Inc. and its chief officers face a proposed class action that alleges the parties have fraudulently misrepresented the supposedly “lucrative” nature of the 3D camera industry to those who bought into seller-assisted marketing plans,"' reports ClassAction.org.

"According to the 25-page suit, the Sunnyvale, California-based defendants engage in the sale of business opportunities—referred to under certain state laws as “seller-assisted marketing plans”—for the purportedly lucrative and burgeoning 3D camera services industry. The suit says Matterport sells cameras capable of creating 3D models of real-world places, a technology particularly useful in connection with real estate sales," reports ClassAction.org.

"Per the case, the defendants’ sales personnel represent that those who buy in, called “Matterport Service Partners (MSPs),” will receive marketing materials and filtered leads in their geographic area that will cover their initial investment in the Matterport 3D camera in six months," reports ClassAction.org.

Source: ClassAction.org

Here is the 25-page Matterport Service Provider Class Action Lawsuit filed Against Matterport

Your thoughts?

Dan

Thanks to @Snap for being the first to email me this news. (@Snap found this news article online and is not the person filing the class action lawsuit against Matterport.

---

Screen Grab from Pacer Monitor
Post 1 IP   flag post
BenAdgie private msg quote post Address this user
The way I read this....

The Matterport Service Provider program did not send the plaintiff enough leads to instantly create a profitable 3D scan business by him simply purchasing a Pro2? It states, if the plaintiff knew that they would not send him enough leads to pay for the camera within 6 months, he would not have purchased the camera. Cool.

Make sure to warm his milk up before you put it in the bottle...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
I am the plaintiff of the original suit(s). I won’t justify the insults in prior posts because I sat next to a kid in school that sniffed glue, likely its him. I will confirm that residents of Illinois will be fully reimbursed, and our main goal is gaining back grandfathered accounts for everyone and gaining COPYRIGHT over our work into perpetuity. Matterport is out of control charging us and I simply can’t make money while their board or directors get rich. None of us can. Anyone who disagrees can have their camera exempt from any settlement. We also will mandate that matterport register with each state AND FOLLOW THE LAW. We are also expecting some justice for Dee Johnson although I doubt she would return. I love Matterport, but I know when I am being defrauded.
Post 3 IP   flag post
London, England
Views4D private msg quote post Address this user
Am glad someone is taking initiative and has done something about it. Thank you @axi360media. Will this be for all MSP or just in the state your in. I have few cameras abs I have not received any leads from Matterport. I have struggled to do my own Marketing and recently Matterport gave me a lead in my own Territory where I place the 1st Matterport scan and still remain the only person who have done Matterport scans in the area. Matterport give the lead to someone else after my quotation under there new program. I felt very cheated since they took me through the whole hustle of signing NDA.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The suit names 21 states. So it’s MSP’s in those states. [redacted...] the more fraud we find, the bigger the suit gets.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Someone should sue Canon. I never get any red-hot leads from those shysters...
Post 6 IP   flag post
clickable text

More news. Sorry it’s a pay wall I will try and get raw text to post.
Post 7 IP   flag post
RDDurant private msg quote post Address this user
Well, at least this lets me know that I’m not the only one who has seen exactly two ‘leads’ since buying a pro 2, (edit: 18 months ago) and one was IFTE... I’m not exactly sure that counts.

I do wish It had been made a bit more apparent that without a subscription, the camera becomes useless, they provide no access to raw data (outside of buying your own data post processing in the matterpak files.)

I’ve not read the whole filing yet, but I’d say it has enough merit to warrant being heard, from what I have read so far. I do wonder - what is the difference in the 21 names states from the remaining 29?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I guess that at least one thing can come good from it for all of us is an ability to download maximum resolution scans. I do not get why Matterport is not letting us to do it at all.

As for MSP leads, I have got 3 over two years. Actually all 3 have come in the last 12 months. None of them have come from a real client needing anything to scan.

And I do not expect anything from Capture Technician program considering I have got nothing from being MSP.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@RDDurant the 21 states included have enacted the business opportunity sales laws. The remainder have not.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101430 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?